“Good food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #76 of 357 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: http://www.suffolkcamra.co.uk/pubs/pub/1001 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westerfield http://www.wheresbest.co.uk/venue/67992/The-Swan/
“Good food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I fancied a evening out so we went to the swan. Really good menu choices and services was very attentive. Drinks were served immediately and food shortly followed. I had the burger, my husband had the seafood risotto, very very good choices we both made. Very nice. Lovely restaurant.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Family meal ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We went to The Swan for a meal with our two children. Very warm welcome and were seated quickly. We were told what was on the specials and given menus along with drinks. Food arrived after 20 mins which showed it was freshly cooked. Looked great and tasted great. We were very well looked after. Can't wait to return. Thank you to all the staff at The Swan esp Gary who made us feel very welcome.

Woodbridge, United Kingdom
“My meal on 25th October”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The decor was attractive an impressive. My meal of slow roasted pork belly eventually arrived and didn't look slow roasted. In fact it was uncooked! An offer to cook it some more was a laugh for if slow roasted it would have taken 3 hours! So I ordered mousakka which my friend had, for I thought would it be quick, for time was running out to enable us to get to a theatre in Ipswich. 15 minutes later it arrived. The mince was OK, nicely seasoned, but the aubergine was raw! Yes RAW!.Asked if my food was OK the waitress went but never reappeared.
The worst food I have had in Suffolk

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ipswich
“Very nicely re-decorated. Disappointing food and service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Have been here twice and both times disappointed. Service is very, very slow. The staff are obviously under pressure but are friendly. My salmon salad was over-priced, under seasoned and there was no sauce or dressing. Do hope this place improves as the decor is very nice and in the Summer the outside seating is excellent. It would be nice if crayons etc could be provided for children to while away the time until their food arrives! Maybe some puzzles for the adults too!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Will not return”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Party of 4- one drink ordered without ice, this arrived with ice! Four meals ordered, only three delivered to table, the waitress had made a mistake! Three of party where halfway through meal before the fourth one arrived.

On nearby table in full view of everyone arriving, leaving and eating was a mother breast feeding. I am not against this but surely the staff could have found a table in a more secluded area of the restaurant. We will definitely not be returning! The food was average, one meal described as spicy but had no flavour at all.

• Visited October 2013