“Great little find” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
East Bergholt, United Kingdom
“Great little find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Finally managed to get here yesterday and so glad we did. Although we we're late in the day, staff were very accommodating. Plenty of options and so tasty. Salads lovely and fresh. Lovely informal vibe. To die for choc and beetroot cake! Very friendly and informative staff. So lovely to have an option to chain coffee shops for lunch etc in the town. We'll be back!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“It's always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

The quiche is always good, "not sausage" rolls are delicious; they make melt-in-the mouth pastry at this cafe. I've never made a bad choice here. The only thing I avoid is the spinach lasagne (because I know it would show up my own homemade version)

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Never a bad meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Unfailingly good food at a high standard although unfortunately at weekends there isn't such a large choice available.

• Visited May 2013
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Small portions and tinned olives”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I really want this place to be better, it has in the past been great but it's gone downhill lately. The concept is fantastic but they suffer from a lack of empathy with their customers. I'll give you an example, I wandered it at 11.45am one morning hoping for an early lunch. Despite having the food out, they wouldn't start serving until pm. Two minutes after me came two more people also looking for food. They left too.

I went back over the weekend and bought a slice of quiche with salad for £6. The quiche was good but the salad was iceberg lettuce and only a small bit. For £6 I'd want to see my plate covered with some imagination.

On another visit I was served tinned olives. I remarked that I was surprised they didn't serve fresh olives and was told I could ask for them to be removed next time. Well actually there won't be a next time.

Coupled with no baby high chairs for tired parents, no child portions (come on now, how hard is this?) and a bit of a lousy attitude on the part of the staff, it's rapidly becoming a place of last resort for lunchtime dining. It's a shame because it would take so little effort to improve. I just don't think they want to.

Surprise me though!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Supreme Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I have now been to this place many times. I have never had exactly the same order and I am not a vegetarian. However I can't rate this cafe highly enough. The food is stunning and high quality. I eat food I don't even normally like in here as the ingredients are so well married together to bring out a fantastic flavour. Well done. Keep up the excellent work!

• Visited April 2013