“Pickpocket Penta” 4 of 5 stars
Review of pentahotel Ipswich

You added pentahotel Ipswich to your Saves list
pentahotel Ipswich
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ranelagh Rd, Ipswich IP2 0AD, England (Formerly Ramada Encore Ipswich)   |
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Ipswich
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Pickpocket Penta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Fantastic accomodation, breakfast 2nd to none for choice, evening menu overpriced as is their "premium internet". This hotel really has what it takes to be a top top place to stay but is let down by a few little things. Firstly, how can you charge your guests £6 a night to park on top of your accomodation? I really see no need for an extra fee. Secondly, which seems to be quite common with this hotel, a computer system glitch that allows them to authorise whatever amount they feel like on your bank card, i preauthorised £25 on my card after being told it was their policy only to find they bumped this upto £248 for no reason and when i asked for an explanation i was told "we dont know why this keeps happening, but its ok it will be released back to you in 3/5 working days. Oh thats ok then i suppose, in the end it took a full week for this to happen. It then happened to a coworker the next day!! Come on Penta, sort this out, its obvious this has been happening for a while so whats the excuse? All in though a very plesant stay at a very nice hotel. Fantastic staff, great food, great surroundings brilliant free movie choices. Would certainly stay again

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Hemel Hempstead
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I recently had the good fortune to stay at the Pentahotel and found that every aspect of the hotel was fantastic. My room was well designed and spotlessly clean. The funky bar had a relaxed atmosphere and breakfast & evening meals were consistantly great. I'd especially like to thank all of the staff who were so friendly and heplful throughout . Thank you and well done. This hotel comes highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I and my girlfriend stay in East Angelia to visit family frequently and normally stay in the Novotel Hotel in the town centre. We decided a change and stayed in the Pentahotel Ipswich for a long weekend in December'14. It was an extremely good decision. The hotel is beautiful inside and out. Are plans orginally were to have a few drinks in the town centre, however after a fantantic meal we ended up staying all night in the lounge bar area as it had a buzzing atmosphere. We highly recommend staying for a meal for at least one night as the steak was fantastic. The staff were extremely accommodating and pleasant. The manager especially (I though his name was Dom, however after looking at other reviews I think his name is Dan, so apologies) was a great host and very entertaining.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: There are a number of bars close by which we also visited and would recommend.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
DHawkie, General Manager at pentahotel Ipswich, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear James E,

Merry christmas from all at pentahotel Ipswich.

Thank you very much for your great review. We are delighted to see that you and your partner enjoyed your time with us.

You probably did catch Dom's name correctly during your stay, he is our Sales Manager at the hotel and we will be sure to pass on your kind words to him, I am sure he will be thrilled.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Don't often write reviews based on my stay at hotels as I'm forever living week by week out of a suitcase, however I've just got back from a cracking week away, the hotel was outstanding. Very clean hotel with a friendly atmosphere and the food was exceptional. Couldn't recommend PentaHotel highly enough for all ages.

• Stayed December 2014
DHawkie, General Manager at pentahotel Ipswich, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Adam V,

We would like to thank you for first of all choosing to stay with us but also for sharing your wonderful experience with us.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was so nice to walk into a Hotel different from the Norm. (reception/bar)
Decor is just so Chic I love it.
This is a Hotel I would re-visit the staff are so lovely Louise at breakfast and Tabitha on the desk so helpful and full of ideas of where to go and visit.
We will see you next year Penta :)
The Rooms are so clean and fresh and well looked after the girls work hard and are always ready with a smile when you encounter them.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Laura J,

A big thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for sharing your wonderful experience with us.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us and especially the service you received from Tabby and Louise, we will be sure to pass this on to them. As you can see from our many recent reviews the team are getting great feedback from our guests at present and we love hearing all about these experiences.

So once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here couple weeks ago and thought I’d give some feedback.

Breakfast was exceptional, £15 worth the value for a cooked full English breakfast. Room was spotless, wide-open shower and bed very untroubled to sleep in with an overview of the river like always! Thank you to the housekeeping department including reception and food and beverage team. Purchased for car park as usual, very easy and fast check-in from the Bar.

However, when I came down to reception in the evening for a quick drink, a lovely staff member of yours encountered me (in which I refuse to say the name of) and we a lovely chat. Your staff should be more valued than what they are, taking care of them is what makes a business, in this case a hotel to run successfully. Ran into yourself, ‘Dan’ and within seconds of observing, you decided to scream at one of your employees in front of your own guests, which for me made me rather uncomfortable considering you are supposed to be the General Manager. Watching someone getting humiliated by the management team who are in fact supposed to be the example for the rest, embarrassing.

Following on, the conversation between me and the staff member was interesting, myself working in a high business company, train everyone on how to do their job before leaving them on their own for an 8 hour shift with no supervision nearby. Maybe it’s the management who need training rather than the team at Pentahotel.

For sure I will be sharing my experience at Pentahotel, I enjoy staying at your hotel for a number of reasons. Overall the atmosphere makes me feel as comfort as if I were at home (regular guest) from that 4 nights sleep. I hate having my positive feelings about your hotel be ruined by one visit. I hope this problem will be rectified prior to my next visit.

This is only for your own reflection of the actions you take, please save yourself from informing me that this review will be passed onto the management team because all I ask is for Pentahotel to encourage their customer service to improve.

Room Tip: Ring after making the reservation for a good view.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Gary G,

We are deeply alarmed at your review of the hotel. I have messaged you directly on tripadvisor asking if you would be so kind as to give me a call so that we can discuss.

We value our staff immensely at the hotel and I can confirm that shouting at our staff members is not something that is ever done, whether in public or private. Our team are vital in ensuring the success of our business and part of valuing our staff members includes regular appraisals, incentives, rewards and offering great career progression.

We have had extreme difficulties in verifying your review of the hotel based on the information that you have provided and we are surprised that your experience has been shared on tripadvisor as opposed to our head office or even myself.

Once again I would ask you to contact me directly on 01473 694600 so that we can discuss your comments.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great place very cool. Food was really good too. Would good back. For for the chicken wings, there really hot and lush and peg loves them. Garf paid which made it all better. Classy venue. Also liked the Parma Ham very good.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Craig S,

Thank you for your awesome review on our hotel.

We're glad you enjoyed your meal with us and would agree with you on the chicken wings, they are definitely not for the faint hearted.

We hope to welcome you back soon and don't forget our new menu which will be launched early in the new year.

Dan Hawkie

Been to pentahotel Ipswich? Share your experiences!