“Enjoyable, Relaxing Stay!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of pentahotel Ipswich

You added pentahotel Ipswich to your Saves list
pentahotel Ipswich
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ranelagh Rd, Ipswich IP2 0AD, England (Formerly Ramada Encore Ipswich)   |
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Ipswich
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable, Relaxing Stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Don't often write reviews based on my stay at hotels as I'm forever living week by week out of a suitcase, however I've just got back from a cracking week away, the hotel was outstanding. Very clean hotel with a friendly atmosphere and the food was exceptional. Couldn't recommend PentaHotel highly enough for all ages.

• Stayed December 2014
DHawkie, General Manager at pentahotel Ipswich, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Adam V,

We would like to thank you for first of all choosing to stay with us but also for sharing your wonderful experience with us.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dan Hawkie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It was so nice to walk into a Hotel different from the Norm. (reception/bar)
Decor is just so Chic I love it.
This is a Hotel I would re-visit the staff are so lovely Louise at breakfast and Tabitha on the desk so helpful and full of ideas of where to go and visit.
We will see you next year Penta :)
The Rooms are so clean and fresh and well looked after the girls work hard and are always ready with a smile when you encounter them.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Laura J,

A big thank you for choosing to stay with us and also for sharing your wonderful experience with us.

We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us and especially the service you received from Tabby and Louise, we will be sure to pass this on to them. As you can see from our many recent reviews the team are getting great feedback from our guests at present and we love hearing all about these experiences.

So once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here couple weeks ago and thought I’d give some feedback.

Breakfast was exceptional, £15 worth the value for a cooked full English breakfast. Room was spotless, wide-open shower and bed very untroubled to sleep in with an overview of the river like always! Thank you to the housekeeping department including reception and food and beverage team. Purchased for car park as usual, very easy and fast check-in from the Bar.

However, when I came down to reception in the evening for a quick drink, a lovely staff member of yours encountered me (in which I refuse to say the name of) and we a lovely chat. Your staff should be more valued than what they are, taking care of them is what makes a business, in this case a hotel to run successfully. Ran into yourself, ‘Dan’ and within seconds of observing, you decided to scream at one of your employees in front of your own guests, which for me made me rather uncomfortable considering you are supposed to be the General Manager. Watching someone getting humiliated by the management team who are in fact supposed to be the example for the rest, embarrassing.

Following on, the conversation between me and the staff member was interesting, myself working in a high business company, train everyone on how to do their job before leaving them on their own for an 8 hour shift with no supervision nearby. Maybe it’s the management who need training rather than the team at Pentahotel.

For sure I will be sharing my experience at Pentahotel, I enjoy staying at your hotel for a number of reasons. Overall the atmosphere makes me feel as comfort as if I were at home (regular guest) from that 4 nights sleep. I hate having my positive feelings about your hotel be ruined by one visit. I hope this problem will be rectified prior to my next visit.

This is only for your own reflection of the actions you take, please save yourself from informing me that this review will be passed onto the management team because all I ask is for Pentahotel to encourage their customer service to improve.

Room Tip: Ring after making the reservation for a good view.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Dear Gary G,

We are deeply alarmed at your review of the hotel. I have messaged you directly on tripadvisor asking if you would be so kind as to give me a call so that we can discuss.

We value our staff immensely at the hotel and I can confirm that shouting at our staff members is not something that is ever done, whether in public or private. Our team are vital in ensuring the success of our business and part of valuing our staff members includes regular appraisals, incentives, rewards and offering great career progression.

We have had extreme difficulties in verifying your review of the hotel based on the information that you have provided and we are surprised that your experience has been shared on tripadvisor as opposed to our head office or even myself.

Once again I would ask you to contact me directly on 01473 694600 so that we can discuss your comments.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great place very cool. Food was really good too. Would good back. For for the chicken wings, there really hot and lush and peg loves them. Garf paid which made it all better. Classy venue. Also liked the Parma Ham very good.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Craig S,

Thank you for your awesome review on our hotel.

We're glad you enjoyed your meal with us and would agree with you on the chicken wings, they are definitely not for the faint hearted.

We hope to welcome you back soon and don't forget our new menu which will be launched early in the new year.

Dewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at this hotel last season, again on a football weekend, when it was called Ramada Hotel. It has had a makeover in the reception and bar area, we arrived late on the Friday night and did wonder what we had booked into, the lighting was very subdued and it didn't really feel like a hotel, more like a pub/nightclub. However the staff were very welcoming and helpful. We ordered some bar snacks and drinks. The food was fantastic and the service brilliant. We booked for breakfast the next day and couldn't fault anything, staff brilliant and food fantastic.

After the football we went back to the hotel for a few drinks and booked a table for an evening meal, again all staff very helpful. We sat down to our evening meal, we all ordered steak, one of the steaks came but was very small, we mentioned this and had a discussion around the fact that this steak was well done, we stated we understood that but the steak was hardly worth having. The staff were brilliant, especially James who offered to discount our bill which we were more than happy with. Other than this, the food was excellent.

The bedrooms had not been refurbished but were still in pretty good shape, had a comfy nights sleep on both nights, nice big television in the room and the usual tea and coffee making facilities.

If Ipswich are still in the Championship next season we would definitely stay at this hotel again for a football weekend. It is around a 5 min walk from the train station and very easy to find.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Shazzie51,

Thank you for taking the time out to share your recent experience with us. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay, although obviously disappointed that you encountered a problem during your meal. Our steaks are all weighed before cooking and when having a well done steak this can reduce the size of the fillet due to all the moisture being taken away from the steak, leaving it to look slightly smaller. That being said I am happy to see James was able to come to a suitable resolution for you and that you enjoyed the rest of your experience.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future when Leeds United and Ipswich Town are both plying their trade in the Premier League.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We visited the PentaHotel in Ipswich and one of the outstanding moments was experiencing the wonderful breakfast lovingly prepared by Head Chef Ashley. Nothing was too much trouble and with such a wide variety of culinary delights this will be remembered by us for a long time. Many thanks to all the brilliant and helpful staff who added to this wonderful experience.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Laurence D,

We are so pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience with us. We would like to thank you for sharing your feedback, I know Ashley will be thrilled to see his hard work has been appreciated.

Once again thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

fantastic hotel with good service at the reception especially ahmed, amy and luke nightman
and a good cooking cook micheal with the best steaks and the bar is 24/7 open always the serving more typs of beer

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
DHawkie, General Manager at pentahotel Ipswich, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear niels s,

We are so pleased to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and a big thank you for sharing your feedback. It is great to see that you enjoyed the service provided by Amy, Ahmed and Luke, they will be thrilled to see your kind words.

Once again thank you for feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dan Hawkie

Been to pentahotel Ipswich? Share your experiences!