“Always good.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 357 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: Being one of the longest established Chinese restaurant in Ipswich, our mission has never changed: To provide the best dining experience to our customers. With the complete redesign of the restaurant layout, brand new kitchen and equipment, we are bringing a modern new fresh look to East Ocean. Over 30 years of dedication to make fine oriental cuisine, and 20 years of experience working in Chinese restaurants in Hong Kong, our head chef will make sure all our customers enjoy the finest Chinese cuisine.
“Always good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Been to the East Ocean many times and have never been disappointed. Good menu and mixed starters are a sound choice for those who like a bit of everything. A little bit away from the towns buzzing centre, but that's not such a bad thing either. If you like Chinese cuisine, then this is one of the best.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

East Anglia, United Kingdom
“good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Went here early Saturday evening after the theater so were the first ones in there,the staff was very good we ordered a set menu but after the starters and the crispy duck we were all a bit full for the mains but we did eat quite a bit and the food was really tasty A good Chinese all round..

• Visited October 2013
“A great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We have just had a lovely chilled meal with friends here. Great friendly service, wonderful food and really good value. We will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
“Good Food with Good Company”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This has always been a good restaurant. Returning for the first time for many years I was delighted to find that it was even better than I remembered. I was with a group of 11 people and we arrived when the restaurant was already busy, which did slow the service down a little, particularly the drinks order, but the food when it came was excellent. As with most Chinese restaurants, the quantity of food that comes with a set menu was far too much. We had a selection of 10 starters, all of which were excellent, particularly the satay chicken and the two different kinds of ribs. The crispy duck was particularly good and came in greater quantity and quality than any I have had before. We were all too full to do any kind of justice to the main courses, but the little bits I did sample were very nice. The atmosphere is convivial and the staff polite and attentive. The East Ocean also does takeaway, but my advice is treat yourself to a sit down meal there.

• Visited June 2013
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Anniversary meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Very surprised at how tasty the food was altho many of my friends and relatives had been before and said how nice the food was. The place itself is well sited and has ample car parking space at the rear and has a few spaces out the front too. The menu on offer was good and plenty to choose from I picked the hot and sour soup which was without doubt the best I've ever had in all my Chinese food visits had a real authentic taste and settle on my pallet just right. For my moans I ordered the kung po chilli chicken with egg fried rice arrived hot and plentiful Infact just right for me. The staff were very very busy but managed to serve us as we ordered overall I would highly recommend east ocean as a place to visit I for one we be visiting again just to sample the belly of pork dish my cousin had looked lovely.

• Visited April 2013