“English country charm” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 37 Ipswich B&B and Inns
Cannes, France
“English country charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was a discovery, a traditional country hotel set in a delightful neighborhood, only five minutes by taxi from the railroad station. The house breathes the near home comfort one seeks away from the big cities. Arriving on a hot Summer day for a weekend with friends in the country side, as I did, one appreciates finding a small but cosy pub next to to the lobby. There is also a charming garden with tables under shady trees. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Also the reception and service was most welcoming

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Devon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

An excellent stay. It is a beautiful, beautiful building! Very well decorated, with a lovely little court yard to relax in.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable, I really can't fault it. Ok, so the film posters weren't my thing, but the rest of the decor is beautiful.

Cracking value and very well placed for access into the town center, and plenty of parking. We found the owners, including the son, very helpful and pleasant.

Highly recommended. We had friends who stayed at the big chain Hotels in Ipswich, and wished they had stayed here instead as it is so beautifully quirky!

Oban, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I chose this hotel as the reviews were good and I wanted a hotel near the Suffolk Record Office which had car parking. Our room was spotlessly clean, though at the top of a narrow staircase which could be difficult for anyone at all disabled. Staff were courteous, breakfast was fine and I thought the hotel offered excellent value for money. The hotel is on a main bus route, which made travelling in and out of Ipswich easy.

Room Tip: Double-glazing meant that our room was quiet, even though it overlooked the main road.
Cowes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Daughter in law arranged 2 nights b/b for us to enable us to attend her sisters 40th party. Great choice! Quite a place, very unique, comfortable room, nice power shower and great breakfast!! Location excellent, short walk into shops and in our case a little longer walk to party venue! Loved the Film Posters, memories of having seen the pictures!! Fantastic little garden area and what wisterias!! Recommended!

Reading
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My mum and I stayed in a twin room with en-suite shower room, up in the rafters. Really lovely place. Old style movie poster prints everywhere which is really interesting. Lovely breakfast - and if you want breakfast book direct with the hotel not via anything online. Sadly it rained while we were there so we couldn't check out the garden, but the brief view from the bedroom it looked lovely.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My best friend and I stayed at this hotel in 2012 for one night as a stop over. The hotel was exactly what we would've wanted. Lots of character, we loved the film posters and homely feel of it, it felt so warming. It is a bit of an Aladdins cave, so if you're into ultra modern it probably isn't the one for you, but we loved it. The owners/staff were ever so friendly and warm and we wished we could've stayed longer. We didn't want to leave and if we're ever that way again, it is the only place we would stay. Right up our street!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Ipswich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

It is a small and decent hotel, if the room rate is low. It is very basic and clean. You need to be careful when you book it, as when I did, it talked about english breakfast, but it did not say it is included or you have to pay for it. When i got to the hotel, they said breakfast was not included. I thought the rate I paid was too high considering what the hotel offered. The rate would have been fair if breakfast was included. I arrived late so welcoming was a bit odd. I asked about breakfast and I felt the person at reception was not feeling very talkative or welcoming. Just gave me the key and said where my room was. When I came down in the morning, they told me that if I have had booked the room directly through them, I would have paid cheaper and breakfast would be included.

In summary, hotel is very clean, it looks pleasant, with basic things in the bedroom. Pillowcases were stainned, so I felt unsure about using pillows and the noise at night from the street kept me waking up, so my sleep was not good at all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Bentley Tower Hotel? Share your experiences!