“Lemon Meringue to die for!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 167 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: African, Steakhouse, Healthy, Welsh
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Established on the site of one of the town's oldest restaurants, Cambridge Mostyn is a breath of fresh air in Llandudno thanks to its innovative fusion of Welsh and South African cuisine. Awarded a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for two years running, it might be the only restaurant where you can follow up Welsh pate with a crocodile steak. Day time visitors can enjoy a three course Roast of the Day special for just £9.99, And a large variety of light meals and snacks. The Cambridge Mostyn prides itself on extensive Gluten Free and Vegan dietary options too! The revamped Cambridge Mostyn evening menu has proven a hit with visitors to the region, and is a treasure trove of unexpected specialities (monkey gland sauce anyone?). Diners can enjoy classic Welsh staples like St David's chicken (wrapped in bacon with a cream leek and mustard sauce), or embark on one of the 'great meal adventures' and sample exotic meats and game in dishes like the juicy ostrich fillet steak, tender kangaroo rogan josh, or succulent llama chipotle chilli burgers. An extensive wine list with wines from South Africa, France, Chile, Australia, Spain and Italy - is also available at Cambridge Mostyn restaurant in Llandudno. The restaurant also has a delectable range of ice creams and liqueurs. The eclectic selection of food and drink is matched only by the diverse decor, which features influences from the savannah to the valleys. Offering cuisines both local and exotic on the Welsh coast, Cambridge Mostyn is just an 8-minute walk from Llandudno Rail Station.Ially for weekends and evenings.
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Lemon Meringue to die for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

So after a long day out touring north wales, me and a friend ended up in Llandudno for a bite to eat. After strolling around to find a place to grab a good hearty meal, we found ourselves here and what a superb find it was, the highlight of my day! I always judge a restaurant by 2 key ingredients - the service and the food. This place delivered superbly on both fronts.

I love the mix of South African dishes as well as traditional welsh dishes too. Needless to say that all were delicious and the lemon meringue that I finished with was probably one of the best dessert I have had in my life, and this is from someone who normally orders 2 desserts in most restaurants.

So if you are in town and love a good meal with healthy portions, great taste and a fantastic friendly service to match, then get in here for a munch.

Enjoy

Visited March 2014
Webpaddy, Owner at Cambridge Mostyn, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
You have made us enormously proud with your review - wow, thank you for such a positive take on our Restaurant ! Hope to see you again on your next trip out here to North Wales !

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“T-bone steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Had a meal tonight and it has to be the best and tastiest steak I have ever had. The portions were generous and the staff were very helpful and pleasant. I would have to give it 100% as I just couldn't fault it.

Visited March 2014
Webpaddy, Owner at Cambridge Mostyn, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us, we agree wholeheartedly, the T-Bones are simply the best ! Best wishes from all of us here at the Cambridge Mostyn !
Stafford, United Kingdom
“grumps”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a very enjoyable evening meal with wide choice of 'traditional' and South African food available. Our generous portions were well cooked and presented. Very reasonably priced food and drinks with owners who very much care for their business. The decor and furnishings are very tidy with nice touches, Check out the various Trip Advisor reports; I can honestly say that those who have been less than generous with their comments can be consigned to the bin
Go and enjoy.

Visited February 2014
Webpaddy, Owner at Cambridge Mostyn, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you so much for your extremely kind review, we do care about our business, passionately and our aim is to make everyone's visit worthwhile. We just love down to earth folks such as your good selves. Salt of the earth ! Please visit Llandudno more often !
Garstang, England
“T Bone Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I have just had a lovely meal with my family at the Cambridge Mostyn Restaurant. My son had chicken nuggets made from fresh chicken breast, voted better than McDonalds by him!! Wow! My wife had salmon. Delicious with lovely new potatoes and fresh salad. I had T Bone steak. Having eaten steak across the world and being very very fussy, I have to say the best cooked steak I have had in a long long time. Topped with my family enjoying their meals, the atmosphere, lovely staff and a chef that bothered to come out of the kitchen to not just ask how your meal was, but also, have a conversation with you, give this place a go, you will love it.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Webpaddy, Owner at Cambridge Mostyn, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thanks for your fantastic feedback on your T-Bone steak. I am so glad that a customer who is clearly an experienced diner, and one that appreciates the value and quality of food - has taken the time to provide a sincere and worthwhile review. I am also hugely relieved that the decor didnt offend you as it did the previous day tripper who anonymously complained as a Diane P from Liverpool - who complained about her husbands Yuck T-Bone, (after he cleaned the plate). As you saw, our carpets were freshly cleaned and no plastic tablecloths were used.

We really enjoyed meeting your family and perhaps the greatest review of all time was ventured by your son, who identified that the bites were real chicken fillet pieces and not processed. I am impressed with his attitude to good food ( I suspect the parents have achieved this) and his really good manners.

We hope you had a safe journey back home - and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit. The Welsh 16 Oz T-Bones will be waiting for you !
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Just been here today, decor old fashioned walkway to toilets disgusting. Highchairs dirty and the food was terrible . £20 for t bone steak and eat off plastic table cloth . Supermarket bread and cheap side salad. Yuck not recommended at all.

Webpaddy, Owner at Cambridge Mostyn, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
You are welcome to inspect our carpets, they are beautifully clean, and you will be hard pressed to find plastic tableware anywhere in our restaurant.

Knowing the price of everything but the value of nothing perhaps? Our coveted T-Bones have been reviewed by countless other customers as being unbeatable value for money and delicious aged Welsh 16 OUNCE Steaks.

You visited us in the afternoon, the tables were not set up for the evening with cloth napkins. If the decor offended you so, you should have walked on by. My first reply included an apology for our decor offending you so which was complained about as offensive. So it was withdrawn, and so too the apology.

For the record, you were asked twice during your meal if everything was to your satisfaction, and you said if was. Might I suggest you tell people if you are not pleased, so they might rectify your issue. Seeing as you have chosen to have a pop at us after the event, remember that we treated you with unquestionable courtesy and hospitality in spite of your awkwardness and in spite of the state you left the table in.

We take all customer views seriously, however as your partner who had the T-Bone cleaned his plate, as you and your child did too, I am more than happy to make an exception in your case.

I would say thank you in Welsh for your feedback, as I did in my initial response, however the complaint made to tripAdvisor was made regarding this so I won't bother.