“Pour quality meal” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
“Pour quality meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Iuse to really enjoy going to badger's for lunch with other members of my family. After my visit today I really don't think I will go again. We love their Welsh rarebit as a rule, but today i had to send both meals back as they weren't very hot.Portions have got smaller a few mixed leaves a little chopped cucumber and can i say where's the tomato. They always served with a small dish of very tasty tomato chutney but alas a small dish of wot i can only describe as a small dish of tomato sauce mixed with something but is definitely not a chutney . The whole thing was tasteless, and ya could always rely on a good pot of tea but no that too was luke warm.All i can say is you must be trying to cut back,well it doesn't work.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Poor food, poor value for money!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Visited today and it usually is very good quality food, but it has gone down so much. We decided to have the Welsh Rarebit with mixed leaf salad with a tomato chutney. When we received the food the rarebit was luke warm, and tasted like it had been reheated, so complained to the staff who then provided us with another one which was slightly better. The mixed leaf salad well you couldn't call it a salad no mixed leaves just tiny pieces of the hard middle bits of the lettuce, onion and cucumber no tomatoes. The tomato chutney was like hp sauce with a few other ingredients added. So a poor meal for the amount you pay there as its not cheap, so I dont think we will be going back for a while time to look for another place to eat.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bedfordshire
“back to its usual standards”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Last time we visited, something had gone seriously wrong with Badgers. Happy to say we went back this weekend and all is back to normal. Vanilla slices are as good as ever and a nice selection of teas to wash it down with. The service was prompt and friendly which was a welcome relief after last time. There was something wrong with the lights when we visited though as they were flickering at the top half of the restaurant and the light was bouncing off the tables which meant most people were moving away from that area as it was very disorienting. Happy to say the waiter pointed this out to the woman I assume was the manager and I'm sure it'll be fixed by the next time we visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Christchurch, United Kingdom
“Coffee time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Four of us, elderly, and rather wet, visited the tea rooms on what must have been the windiest and wettest day in Llandudno on record. Our assistance was needed several times in the main road, to keep even older old ladies on their feet, however in our dripping state we had our spirits raised by the lovely ladies in this tea room. Only one of our party succumbed to cake eating, while the rest of us looked on wishing we had the capacity to do so, only two hours after an enormous breakfast. The coffee however was delicious, as I am sure the cakes were, and all served exactly in the way each of us preferred. Our next visit will be in the afternoon, having forgone lunch, when more advantage can be taken of the food on offer.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Halifax, United Kingdom
“unexpected delicious meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

My daughter and I had an afternoon tea and were delighted by the quality of the food and the smiles on the faces of the staff. I took some mince pies away with me to share with friends and they enjoyed them so much they wanted to know where I got them. I will be back

• Visited November 2013