“All round excellence” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Seahorse Seafood Bistro and Restaurant

Seahorse Seafood Bistro and Restaurant
7 Church Walks, Llandudno LL30 2HD, Wales (Formerly Richard's Restaurant)
+44 (0)1492 875315/877924
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Exeter, United Kingdom
“All round excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Looking for somewhere a bit special for my 60th, the Seahorse was one recommended by our hotel, and the reviews here looked good. An they're not wrong! The menu, especially the varying fish dishes - starters & mains - is wide (it's not all fish!); the staff friendly (without being 'in yer face'); and the food excellent. There are just 3 fixed prices for starter+main, main+sweet or 3-course. Slightly expensive at almost £30 for the latter, but for a special occasion, still worth it. If we were staying longer in Llandudno, we'd definitely return.

• Visited November 2012

rossendale
“Excellent good atmosphere even when empty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had .a lovely meal at the Seahorse ,it was early evening and we were the only diners .Even so the atmosphere was welcoming ,so were the staff.The food delicious ,the steak especially. Two more people came in who also praised the food

• Visited October 2012
.Wirral
“Excellent seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Lovely restaurant I enjoyed mussels to start which we're outstanding and freshly caught sea bass which was easily the most delicious fish ever my partner had chicken pâté and seafood linguine with lobster we shared a cheese board and refillable coffees until we managed to roll home! A most enjoyable experience ! !

Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The food was excellent as was the ambience. The staff were very friendly. The mussels and scallops were delicious - try them!

Visited November 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Faultless”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Best meal we had in Llandudno. Lovely atmosphere, really nice waitress and gorgeous food. I will definitely go back. To be honest I would eat there every night. I had seafood chowder, monkfish wrapped in prosciutto and creme brûlée. All were done perfectly. Monkfish was soft and tender and not overcooked and sauce was perfect. We shared a squid and prawn dish as a middle course and that was so tasty, we were waxing lyrical ! My colleague had a terrine of duck and pork belly I think and he loved it - hot crusty bread with it was heavenly (little things make all the difference). His halibut with a saffron beurre blanc (I think that was the sauce) was lovely and moist and soft - perfectly cooked. The veg was a highlight too - best selection I've had - dauphinoise potatoes or maybe they were lyonnaise (layered but not creamy, slightly oniony), carrot & suede mash, French beans, cabbage and several others - probably 7 veg which really did taste good - fresh and al dente where it needed to be and tender and soft otherwise. We chose an equally delicious New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon blanc which is one of the nicer ones I've tried - not too much fruit and lighter than most of the super market ones which can be a bit over baring. Unfortunately, the young lady serving us told us that particular wine was almost finished and was not going to be back on the menu. I consider myself reasonably knowledgable about kiwi wines and I hadn't tried this one before. The meal was excellent value at £29.99 for 3 course and with drinks we paid about £40 each I think - baring in mind the extra middle course and the gin and tonics my colleague had at the beginning. I will be taking my girlfriend here next time.