Booked a last minute night away with my boyfriend.
When we arrived at Sunnyside we were lucky to find a parking space on the road outside (its pretty busy as near town centre).
There was no warm/ friendly greeting which I would've appreciated.
What we couldn't see on the photos is the room we booked had sloped ceilings as it was on the top floor of the guesthouse. With both of us being 6ft / 6'2 this didn't go down too well. It was also up about 4 flights of quite steep stairs- no good for elderly etc.
The ensuite also had a sloped ceiling but worse, it had a carpeted floor. There was a bath with tap/shower combination however no shower curtain or shower hose clip. This kind of made the shower pointless especially as the sloped ceiling prevented you standing up in the bath. If I'd have been staying longer and needed to wash my hair I would have serious complaints. The only plus points were that both the room and bathroom were clean, and the selection of toiletrees was quite nice (big bottles).
We were in our room by about 10pm but struggled to sleep as we were kept awake by the noise from the town centre. There is a busy bar opposite where people were sat outside drinking. It was a hot summer's night so we had to leave the small window open. The room was very hot and stuffy.
In the morning I had a vegetarian breakfast which was nice and the breakfast staff were very friendly.
To sum up I would not stay here again and wouldn't recommend especially if your room is on the top floor!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sunnyside is a friendly, family run 20 bedroom Guest Accommodation in Victorian Llandudno. Situated below the Great Orme and surrounded by all the attractions of Victorian Llandudno. The Sunnyside is the ideal location for your North Wales break, holiday or adventure.The Sunnnyside has a light and welcoming restaurant serving a comprehensive breakfast choice, also our warm and comfortable lounge is ideal for relaxing with a drink from our small bar area in reception. The Sunnyside boasts 20 individually decorated rooms all of which have en-suite bathroom facilities, include colour television and tea and coffee making facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your The Sunnyside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunnyside Hotel Llandudno
- The Sunnyside Llandudno, Wales