“Fabulous find! !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Clontarf Hotel

You added The Clontarf Hotel to your Saves list
The Clontarf Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Great Ormes Road | West Shore, Llandudno LL30 2AR, Wales   |
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Llandudno
“Fabulous find! !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night for my husband's 50th birthday. We stayed in lovely Metropolitan room very spacious with large window looking onto Orme.my husband loved the amazing shower.great decor and breakfast was of high quality.This is a gem of the West Shore! We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was our first stay at The Clontarf, a hotel we picked because it allowed dogs. Our first holiday away with the puppy & we could not fault the welcome, service or the beautiful room we were shown to. Joni & Mark are wonderful hosts, & nothing was a problem to them. Opie loved his first holiday away & was a wonderful puppy the whole weekend. The breakfasts were magnificent, you didn't need to eat again till late afternoon/early evening. Thank you Joni & Mark for a lovely holiday, we will be back with you next year.

Room Tip: Ground floor room for us as there is no lift.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
walsall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I travelled to Llandudno on a Friday we arrived at the Hotel quite early but decided to pop inside of course our room wasnt ready we were early, but we was welcomed by Joni and showed to a lovely lounge and offered a pot of tea. This made an impression straight away and was very welcoming . We checked into a lovely room one of the smaller ones as we had paid a good price and the hotel was full that weekend it was very modern and very clean. We had a very goodnights sleep and next morning went down to breakfast and was pleasantly suprised by the variety on offer .We are certainly booking again .Friendly hosts beautifull decor comfort and excellent location on Westshore.

Room Tip: seaview in the smaller room
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was my third stay at the Clontarf in the past 10 months. I usually stay with some friends but this time I stayed with my husband. As usual I enjoyed every minute of my stay there. Room (metropolitan) was wonderful, clean bright and spacious and oh that shower.... My husband enjoyed his first stay, especially the electric bed. The food is wonderful, well prepared, great variety and so hot. I think anybody who works in hospitality these days has a difficult job and Joni and Mark are no exception. They work hard to ensure everything is right and if it isn't you only have to say and they quickly sort out any problem, it never seems to much trouble. Everybody's expectations are different I know and I am sure that if I tried really hard I could find some faults but having stayed in a number of very poor places over the years I will continue to recommend this hotel to everybody. In fact I like it so much I'm already booked again for November.

Room Tip: They are all wonderful but my favourite remains the romantic.
Wallasey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Wonderful family run hotel on the west shore.
If you want a quiet break but within 10 minutes walk of the town centre then this is the one to choose.
This is our 3rd or 4th stay and cannot fault it.
The owners, Joni and Mark make you very welcome and they always try to please.

Room Tip: They are all good.
Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My family and I (8 of us in 5 rooms) have just got back from staying at The Clontarf for a family celebration.

First of all, I will list all the negative things ........ (yep, that should just about do it!)

Now, what did we love about it......
- Joni and Mark were great hosts - very friendly, very helpful and nothing too much trouble
- The rooms were great - as described, very high quality and very comfortable
- The evening meal was superb - as good as any we've had, including some fancy/expensive places
- The breakfast was perfect - lots of choice and well cooked
- The location was excellent - within easy reach of Llandudno and attractions, but, far enough away to be nice and tranquil

Would we recommend to others? - We certainly would and, indeed, already have!

Thanks to Joni and Mark for making our celebration all that more special

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This place was recommended by a friend and we were not disappointed... On arrival we were upgraded, which was a good start, and the room was lovely. Having seen the photos on the website, all the rooms are lovelt, and look as they do on the website, which isnt always the case!! The staff here are all friendly and will do anything to help.Its a short walk to the centre so the hotel is well placed. Breakfast is brill, and again, anything you want, they will do for you. We only stayed the one night, but will deff visit again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Clontarf Hotel? Share your experiences!