“Great stay in a lovely B&B” 5 of 5 stars

Wilton Hotel
14 South Parade, Llandudno LL30 2LN, Wales   |
Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Llandudno
Iznajar,Andalucia
“Great stay in a lovely B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Many thanks for a great stay, rooms was very comfortable and had everything we needed includina full kettle and lots of Tea and cofee etc and extras available. Loved the 'honesty bar' and the chance to relax in the lounge. Breakfast was fabulous, nothing too much trouble. We have stayed in lots of B&Bs including our own and the Wilton rates amongst the best .If you are going to Llandudno don't stay anywhere else..

Room Tip: We had the four poster room which was lovely and on the front , two comfy chairs in the bay window...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Nantwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Read the reviews of this hotel, they were not wrong, excellent position, very friendly staff, could not do enough for you. We had room 10, very large and spotlessly clean, the cleanest hotel we have stayed at in Llandudno and we have stayed at many. The breakfast was excellent, fresh fruits, many cereals, and a full english to die for!. Would not consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: At the front of the hotel is a lovely view of the Great Orme
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

A pretty B&B close to the sea in Llandudno. Rooms are bright and modern though quite small. Bathrooms are not big enough in my view.. I don't have a bath at home but a wet room so I was disappointed that there wasn't a bath at the hotel to soak in.

There seemed to be an open door policy and although I did not personally check in, my partner did when I was at a meeting, I entered the hotel twice with no one to check who I was or that I should be there.

The decoration is of a good contemporary standard with 'feature' walls.

Perhaps my only criticism of this better than average establishment is the rather small eating area for breakfast. Tabes are cramped and you a struggling to put your coffee, juice toast etc.. on the table. I am surprised that the owners haven't moved the eating area into the unused large and bright sitting room allowing lots of natural light and the opportunity for window seats and a view.

Linked also to breakfast a note in the hotel guide stating that breakfast is served from 8.30am to 9.15am which is a rather brief window.

The criticism is no reflection of the service or quality of the breakfast which was good (though some veggie sausages would have been a nice option for us veggies).

Would I stay again? Probably if I had to stay for one overnighter but not for a longer time as the rooms are not big enough for my personal taste and the doors thin, so as to hear everyone in the corridor when they travel up and down the stairs.

All in all, a well presented venue with genuinely cheerful staff and right in the heart of Llandudno. I have marked the hotel average as I think very good would have needed some of my critcisms addressed, but it is better than average, but there is no mark for better than your average sleepery.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Wednesbury, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here three times now and still can't find anything to compain about so here goes , room was too comfortable ,couldn't find anything wrong with Breakfast, Hotel was way too clean and staff too friendly even the cleaner was friendly. So i dare say i will have to stay again to try and find a complaint ( there'll probably be a spoon missing from one of the coffee mugs ) wouldn't recomend to anyone else because i wouldn't be able to get a room here myself . See you again next year Jo and Paul if your not fully booked. Thanks again for a wonderful weekend Steve & Mandy

Room Tip: pick a room on the first floor if you have problems with stairs , Other than that enjoy it you won...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We have family that live in Llandudno and over the years have stayed at many of the hotels which have proved considerably more costly that the Wilton. Not only does this place offer such value for money, but the service and standards at the Wilton are far higher. The place is just brilliant all round. The decor is wonderful and everywhere is so clean. Breakfast was brilliant too. There were 6 of us staying (2 families) and we were allocated 2 beautiful family rooms next door to each other and when we came down for breakfast, Jo had arranged for us all to sit together. Nothing is too much trouble for them and as many previous review have commented, they even moved their own car to allow us to park up. The place is very very well located too. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and just wish that we had found this little gem of a place years sooner.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tamworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Me and my now husband stayed here two nights last weekend when we got married in Llandudno and can not fault the hotel! The room was beautiful - clean, spacious, modern, warm, great views, had TV, hair dryer, all bathroom toiletries, plenty of storage space! Perfect!
Breakfast is not to be missed - plenty of choice! couldn't move afterwards!

Thank you very much The Wilton!

Hope to stay again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was my second stay at The Wilton and both stays have been excellent. The hotel is beautifully clean with modern decor. The rooms are well stocked with quality furnishings and toiletries and very comfortable. As my friend said when I told her I was coming to visit her again,'I expect you are staying at the Wilton Hilton again' - where else would I stay?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Wilton Hotel? Share your experiences!