“Beautiful little place” 4 of 5 stars

48 Church Walks, Llandudno LL30 2HL , Wales   |
Ranked #51 of 149 Llandudno B&B and Inns
“Beautiful little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed here with my partner and we found the place to be just adorbale. The attention to detail of the decor and furnishings was to a really high standard. The bedroom we stayed in was well apointed and had a nice little view to appreciate. Breakfast was great and I'd definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Letchworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here for one night in August and had a really lovely stay. I stay in a lot of hotels for work and for leisure so I was a bit unsure about booking a B&B, but the website looked so lovely we decided to go for it. I must say I wasn't disappointed. We arrived earlier than we had estimated but this wasn't a problem at all. I asked if it was OK just to leave our car and come back later but we were ushered inside and keys and check in were all sorted out. The house itself is incredibly well rennovated having been 5 different flats since the 1960's. There are old pictures of the house around the walls and it's lovely to get a feel of how it would have been as a country house. Sam sat us down in the stunning loung and talked us through the local area and recommended some restaurants before showing us to our room. We had room 9 "the loft" which was lovely, being on two levels. Bathroom was very high end even having a "body drier". After a great night's sleep we went down for breakfast. Freshly cooked good quality food and friendly staff. The breakfast room itself is a delight. We would definitely recommend this B&B. Many of the big hotel chains I use charge much more and don't get it as right as Escape.

Room Tip: We chose room 9 which felt like an apartment, but room 1 looked lovely as well.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Bit disappointed at front of garden unkept which at first put me off but the welcome we recieved was over the top which made up for the approach too many stairs if anyone had difficulties walking room was beautiful clean and all faculties you need
Breakfast was top notch worth another stay and would highly recommend it

• Stayed August 2013
Pwllheli, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I saw a review of this in a local paper and then did a bit of research, it was worth it, what a little gem! There are only 9 rooms and my friends and I had 4 of them on our stay. The manager was really helpful when I booked and recommended places to eat in the town which I will review next. The room we had was well equipped, beautifully clean, with tea/coffee making facilities and the shower room was great, spacious and well lit.
Each room is completely different and beautifully designed.
There was an honesty bar available but we didn't make use of it.
The breakfast was superb, we were spoilt for choice and ably served by three delightfully well mannered and professional servers.

Room Tip: If I were to return which I am sure I will I will ask for Room 9, it is quirky but you have to be ab...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Sharpthorne, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed in room 7, which had fantastic views, a comfy bed and an impressive shower! Breakfast was very good, we had the full english. Fantastic hosts. The only bad point was that we could hear the guests in the other rooms playing music, so could do with better noise insulation, but apart from that we very much enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Room 7 is fab, with a brilliant shower and has great views
chester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

You know when you break up a relationship and you go 'it's not you. it's me' and you actually mean it. Well that's how I feel about the Escape B&B. I should like it's friendly welcome, it's cleanliness, it's attention to detail, comfy beds and a lovely breakfast and I do, but there's one massive flaw that gave me the heebie jeebies and would have had me running for the hills after one night.

Imagine turning up to Heston Blumenthal's restaurant and being presented with a dish made of bulls testicles if you will. No matter what the skill had gone into it's preparation, the exquisite attention to detail in the cooking and the flamboyance of the presentation I dunno about you but I'd be going home hungry. That's how I feel about the Escape.

I took a photo of the problem for you to look at. It's the bathroom... or rather the bath nook or cranny or bathbedroom. Not quite sure how you describe this but having a bath in the bedroom albeit on a platform felt wierd. I don't want to see my partner in the bath and quite honestly I think that she'd feel the same about me. Personally I want a shower but this has one of those shower heads on a flexible hose and I was nervous about spraying water all over the decor. Not good.I hated it.

So Breakfast was lovely, well served by lovely cheerful waitresses and the owners were very pleasant but I hated the bathroom and I wanted a shower.

It's a boutique hotel and therefore likely to be quirky. I lik.e quirky. If I went to the Fat Duck I'd want wierd and bizarre...... but I'd still not eat bulls balls. And to be honest no one ever reads the three star ratings anyway but at least you if you're happy with the bathroom in the picture there's no reason why you shouldn't book this.This really is one of those occasions when 'it's not you. it's me' works perfectly

North Somerset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

This B & B is a real gem, tucked away in the back streets of Llandudno, North Wales and neatly nestled below the Great Orme, this is a truly delightful find. Equipped with everything you could think of needing for your stay, each of the 9 rooms are beautifully designed and truly offer that something different. How exciting to be able to choose which room suits your mood at the time of your booking! We stayed in 'The Loft' which lived up to everything in its description on their website. With a very effective 'fun' body dryer, two TV's, retro swivel chairs and under heating for your bed should you need it. All mod cons for sure and with complimentary 'old skool' sweets too! Josh the manager could not have been more helpful, very informative and enthusiastic, nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast staff were also courteous and efficient and the food served was very good. We travelled 6 hours from our home base and it was worth every minute. Thank you Escape :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Escape Boutique B&B? Share your experiences!