“bright and friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #119 of 169 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: British, Tea Room
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Ideal location great views down Mostyn Street specialising in homemade food and using local suppliers for pies from Tom Parry butchers in Trefiw sausage and hams from local butcher Poyntons, One of our specialist dishes Welsh rarebit homemade using local produced mustard .All our soups are homemade along with our scones barabrith lemon drizzle cakes and apple pies. We are proud to use welsh artisan bread from local bakers Becws Alyn. We have specialist teas from Teapigs and serve great fresh ground coffee.All food is freshly prepared so at busy times there may be a delay but what we do ask is that you enjoy the experience .
Essington, United Kingdom
“bright and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I stopped off at this cafe for a coffee and slice of cake late morning. It is clean, bright and nicely decorated. The staff were friendly, great coffee and yummy home made cake. I was impressed with the prices of this cafe. People around me were ordering hot food which all looked lovely. Would return here again.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Disappointing first experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

After our journey down to Llandudno, this was the place we chose to have a late lunch. One Two One was newly opened on our last visit and it was on our list of places to eat. The decor is lovely. Clean, bright and airy (and rather cold too - we changed tables due to the chill wind that blows through the door with each customer - granted, it's February, but we did want to take our coats and scarves off to eat our lunches!)

We ordered a baked potato with homemade coleslaw and scrambled eggs with bacon and a cafetiere of coffee:

The potato was NOT a baked potato but a MICROWAVED potato. And badly at that. It was still slightly hard in places and therefore not particularly tasty. It was also very dry. The side salad was wonderfully presented but as I had ordered coleslaw as my potato topping, adding more to the salad was just a bit too much 'slaw. And slightly overwhelmed with a generous sprinkle of paprika. This was definitely home-made and slightly too acidic but edible.

The scrambled eggs were also MICROWAVED and came out flat and slightly hard (anyone who has overcooked scrambled eggs in the microwave will understand this!) The bacon however, was thick and tasty. Again, the ubiquitous side salad was beautifully presented but also sadly drowning in paprika.

Not keen on their coffee. Nothing more to say on that. A post lunch order of Bara Brith was also made - this was very good.

The prices are reasonable here and the place has some charm about it. The staff on the day that we visited were both very pleasant and well-mannered. We did not complain about the food, as we had been travelling for a few hours and were both very hungry. At any other time, we probably would have sent the food back to the kitchen.

It would be nice to try the place again on a different visit to Llandudno and hopefully have a different experience of the food, in order to give a more positive review. We were definitely disappointed with our first experience there.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chester, United Kingdom
“JUST WHAT WE WERE LOOKING FOR”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We wanted a light lunch and staff who understood the meaning of gluten free. We picked 121 because it looked bright and clean and because baked potatoes are on the menu. My husband is a coeliac and must stick to a gluten free diet so a baked potato is ideal. We had tried two other eateries before walking into 121 and it was obvious that the staff knew nothing about a g/f diet or even cared. I will resist from naming them but they are very close to 121!! My husband asked for his salad to be served without coleslaw and it was - victory! The baked potatoes were delicious with plenty of filling. I had prawn with marie rose sauce and my husband had cheese and ham. The staff were friendly and helpful and I would recommend 121 if you are a coeliac looking for a light lunch.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I have visited this cafe a few times since it's opening and enjoyed the decor along with the tasty food,during the festive period I have attempted to treat my family of four to a meal there, unfortunately as soon as we walked in we were greeted by a waitress who informed us only drinks and cakes were now only available, to my surprise I looked at my watch it was only 2:45! So to our dismay we left. Only to return again a week later feeling pecking after Christmas shopping my family of four again are greeted by a waitress who informs us once again only drinks and cake are available! The time on this occasion was 3:45! Feeling frustrated we left and once again took our custom else where. I find it odd for a cafe to stop serving food so early on in the day, never mind being around Christmas when people decide to eat at various times in the day. I am disappointed that this has happened twice to me now, also knowing the cafe is very clean and the food is to a good standard, places like these are hard to find, just the decision to stop the food orders so early will unfortunately put people off going again in the future, I must say I am dubious about going again tone denied food for a third time is a tad humiliating! You would think a new cafe would take all the custom it can.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Europe / Middle East
“A real gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Four of us called in on New Year's Day and enjoyed one of the most pleasant light lunches ever! Excellent, friendly service, good coffee and four (different) meals; one fish and chips, one burger, one soup and sandwich and one quiche. All were fresh, tasty, well cooked and reasonably priced. I would also want to pay tribute to the staff on duty because when we were leaving and I told them of how much we had enjoyed everything I asked to speak to the owner or manager and was advised that the manager was taking a holiday break (probably richly deserved!) It is therefore a significant testament to the whole team that while the owner is away the staff are still delivering very high standards. Well done, we very strongly recommend this lovely cafe restaurant.

• Visited January 2014