“Stunning Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Llandudno
“Stunning Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Having been to The Lilly on the Westshore a few times before, we were very much looking forward to trying out their new Bar & Grill in town, and we certainly weren't disappointed! It's clear they've built this new place around the same values as the one on the other side of town, as the food was delicious and the choice of drinks was certainly at the high end of the quality scale.

I'm a vegetarian, so I went for the Pithiviar (sp?!) and my partner went for the steak. Both meals were GORGEOUS and the portion sizes were just right. Both our boys wanted the Fish Nuggets meal off the children's menu; I was a little unsure about 'nuggets', but I needn't have worried as they were lovely big chunks of fish and clearly homemade, not 'nugget-nuggets' as I was worried they might be (I should have known better!).

The staff were very friendly and attentive, even though it was quite busy during our visit, and the pint of Peroni my partner had was, in his words, beautiful!

I'm delighted there's a new 'Lilly' in the town and can't wait to go back for more. Highly recommended!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
paulmallon, General Manager at The Lilly Bar & Grill, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
We're really glad you enjoyed your visit and thank you for such a lovely review. We'll continue to work hard to keep our standards high and we hope to see you again very soon!

“Go at least once!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Not normally a review writer, but in this occasion it's deserved. Starters and mains for 3 of us, there was a little wait, but it gave us time to get hungrier, and it was worth the wait. We were informed by the brilliant staff that the wait was due to the fact that everything is freshly prepared and made, and it shows when the plates in front of you! Our plates looked like they had been licked clean, and it's the best and widest choice of wines and "better" lagers than anywhere else we've eaten in Llandudno(and thats a lot of places!). We will definately be regulars for food and drink!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
paulmallon, General Manager at The Lilly Bar & Grill, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you! We're really glad you liked our food and that you didn't mind the short wait that inevitably comes from cooking freshly to order. We look forward to seeing you all again very soon!
“BEST STEAK IN TOWN!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Went in to the lilly to try the food since it had changed over from fat cat. The staff are very friendly and the service prompt and professional.
The food was cooked perfectly and was the nicest meal I have had in the town for a long time. I ordered the fillet steak and my girlfriend ordered the pan fried breast of chicken, I tried both meals and both were exceptional.
I would highly recommend anyone try this restaurant as the food is absolutely second to none.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
paulmallon, General Manager at The Lilly Bar & Grill, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for your lovely review. We're glad you both en joyed your meal and we hope to see you again soon!
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Amazing food but more vegetarian choices needed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Went in the other day to give the menu a try and was slightly underwhelmed by the veggie options on offer as I used to eat at fat cat frequently and they had lots of options and veggie alternatives to many meat courses. With only one starter and one main to choose from neither appealed to me at the time, so I opted for the goats cheese and tomato panini, it didn't sound very exciting so I nearly didn't choose anything! However, the panini was absolutely delicious, really well balanced flavours and a lovely homemade chutney which was gorgeous, I also had some chips which were cooked until dark golden and were perfect. My partner had a light snack of belly pork trio which he described as outstanding and cooked to perfection.

The Lilly also provided a great selection of fruit ciders and the staff were really welcoming.

Although the food was lovely it wont always be our first choice to dine due to the lack of veggie options on offer which is a big big shame as we eat out alot :(

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review. We are currently looking at getting more Vegetarian options, so stay tuned!
Manchester, United Kingdom
“food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

The title says it all. The owner of this bar has the hotel of the same name on West Shore in which we have stayed many times and he is an absolute foodie!. Go try it!

Visited June 2013
paulmallon, General Manager at The Lilly Bar & Grill, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
We sure do love our food here! Thanks for the great review :)