“great time, but the bathrooms...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 138 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“great time, but the bathrooms...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We went there for lunch and i was overall pleased with my experiance, great service and food were good. But the bathrooms were lacking, there are only two and there was a small line of peope waiting. Good but needs looking at.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

cardiff
“Couldn't fault the place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Very good! Food was excellent and portions are very and good value for money, very enjoyable overall and I cannot wait to return

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
“Couldn't find too much to quibble about....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

It's not far off a year since Harvey's first opened it's doors but until today I hadn't set foot in the place, in fact I hadn't even got close enough to look through the door to see what it's like. My wife had been last Christmas and enjoyed the experience but she hadn't been back since. So today whilst looking for somewhere for lunch we decided to give Harvey's a try, partly in response to a sign outside the door advertising "lunchtime specials" for £5.99.

I ordered a toasted chicken wrap and my wife ordered the warm chicken and bacon salad off the specials board whilst daughter decided she had to have an adult size Hawaiian pizza (even though there was a kid's menu and the "Harvey's Original" pizza was on the special offer but, hey, she wasn't paying!). My chicken wrap was very tasty, full of big chunks of chicken and melted cheese, and served with the Harvey's trademark mug of fries and a side salad. My wife's salad was huge and had a more or less full sized chicken breast plonked on top, definitely not the type of salad you want if you're on a diet! My daughter, surprise surprise, barely managed to finish half her pizza so I had to give it a try and really enjoyed it, even though I don't normally like Hawaiian pizza (meat and fruit just do not belong together on a base of melted cheese in my opinion). The rest of the pizza got wrapped in a napkin and taken home for later.

All in all it was a very good experience. The place is nicely fitted out, it was clean and tidy, the staff were all friendly and efficient and the food and drinks arrived after a more than acceptable wait. We got asked a couple of times if everything was ok and fortunately it was. I should point out though that we went there at about noon and it was still fairly quiet at the time so I would have been disappointed if they hadn't been as efficient as they were. The only minor quibbles I could come up with were that the lettuce in my side salad didn't look too fresh and the mug my fries were served in was a little bit rusty, although it was lined with greaseproof paper so the fries weren't in contact with the rust.

All in all it was a good experience and I'd be happy to return but probably for the lunch time special again (although I'm sure the sign said the lunchtime special ran from 11am to 5pm so maybe an early tea?).

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“All just a bit of a let down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Service was terrible! Music was great food okay. Price okay. Something really needs to be done about sub standard staff. And the place needs a good clean.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ceredigion
“Tasty but just like any other chain restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Came here on our last night of holiday, and found it very busy and music was so loud, that people had to shout.
Plenty of choice of food, I had rib eye surf and turf (skewer of shrimps/prawns) and it came with skinny fries, coleslaw and homemade onion rings. The steak was cooked exactly how I asked for and it all tested nice.
Staff were busy all the time, maybe could do with more on shift at a time as bit slow taking orders and coming back to check on you.

Would recommend if your a fan of franky and Benny but lots of different places to try before!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere