“well worth a visit” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Llandudno, United Kingdom
“well worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

i went to harveys the 1st week it opened and the food was lovely. i had burger with bacon and cheese which was to die for and my husband had the steak the staff were very good and very helpful they had only been open a couple of days but it was well organised and all the staff looked very smart will defo be going back there

• Visited October 2012

Llandudno, Wales, United Kingdom
“A long for the opening wait but was worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have to be honest since I found out that an American restaurant was opening in town I have been eager to go there and try it out, I am an big lover of bbq style food so I couldn't wait until I went there. One night after work I decided to give it a try with a friend of mine. As we entered we were informed that the card machine was not working yet, which was ok, we were given a choice of tables and we sat down, quickly they gave us the menu and there was so many things that I wanted to have that I didn't know what to choose, I ended up having the fried prawns and my friend had the burger, we didn't have to wait longer for drinks, food orders or anything, service was really good considering the amount of costumers and the number of staff. I have to admit that we had a really pleasant waitress, that even recommended the Oreo cookie cake which is like a slice of heaven, and that the gentleman in the bar gave her the tip we left ;)
I will come back for sure soon as there are many things to try

Llandudno, United Kingdom
“shame”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

was excited that there should be something to see in the main street at night which is very quiet for a holiday town. Rang in advance to see what time restaurant closed because my friends and I have a night out every week. Told last booking 9 pm, restaurant shuts at 11pm. Although food was good, it was expensive (we paid £30 each and only had 2 courses) and we were given the bill at 10.15 pm (even though we had not asked for it) so clearly we had to cut our night short, especially as they had pulled the shutters down. The flooring outside the door is filthy and obviously has not been washed since the restaurant opened, so if you want to sit outside you can take in the smells of whatever has used the corner in the night!! Disappointing. If they wanted to save money on staff costs and send them home early, perhaps they could also reduce the bill for those who have paid for a proper restaurant??

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
colwyn bay
“Don't Know what all the moans are about???”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We are based next door to this restaurant and have been really eager to try it out.........but we heard a few moans about the place and also saw quite a few on trip advisor........we finally went tonight and here is what we thought.......................

Excellent meal. fab service, no delay, there was 6 of us dining and we all totally enjoyed the food and atmosphere, music great as well.
Loved the fries in a mug and burger served on a wooden board. I can definately recommend this to others. Well done Harveys for getting it right as quick as you have. Defo be visiting again and we are right next door so we will be telling people that you can get a great meal next door with fab service.....A big thank you for a lovely meal.

“Very poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

I am a chef at a local pub I went with my three year old daughter we had to wait 20 mins to get a drink the staff didn't know what they were doing when we orderd our food it took an eternity to arrive an was bought in we had two burgers myself an my child hers was a mini burger an mini was the word they were dry an not very tasty at all I noticed other food going out the ribs are tiny an bought in not at all what I expected I would not advise any body to go. My friends were sat at the next table they all had steak an two of them left them and when it came to pay it cost me just over 20 quid for a 3 year old an me need to sort it out or won't last long

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere