“Excellent Meals” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Café
England
“Excellent Meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

I have recently visited Llandudno and visited here for lunch. I must say it was one of the best meals we had during our stay. It was lovely and hot, extremely fresh and good portion sizes. We found it very friendly and surprised what a nice cafe it was as you can't see it until you have gone up the stairs. I will defiantly return next time I am in Llandudno.

Visited August 2013

Lancashire
“Wouldn't be a trip to Llandudno without a visit here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We have been visiting this little gem for many years and have introduced many family members and friends to the charming little cafe. It's 'dated' decor mentioned in other reviews adds to its charm. Our American friends loved it. The food is always fresh. The baked potatoes are huge and cheap at around £4. If you just want a snack there is a great deal of a tea or coffee and cake for around £1.50. The entrance (stairs) will not be good for those with limited mobility. We visit LLandudno 3-4 times a year and ALWAYS visit Mostyn for our lunch. It's a family tradition.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Luxembourg
“Good Food but dated surroundings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is a good establishment serving great food but let down by the entrance and the toilets.

You require to navigate a steep flights of stairs. So not good for those disabled or having health impediments.

The toilets are down a set of steep stairs at the rear of the property. Threadbare carpets and worn out fitments detract from the atmosphere.

But if you are looking for a good cheap meal and don't mind that, then this is your place.

Report card would read "Could do better" I'd give a 5/10

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Beds
“Deceitful pricing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a short break in Llandudno and while there ate in this café as we were attracted by the Specials Boards and the novelty tram track near the restaurant ceiling.
I opted for the bacon & cheese melt which was illustrated as a baguette on a board in the dining area while my wife chose a jacket potato with cheese and onion. We both agreed that the cheese was so bland it was actually tasteless. My baguette was actually served as a white burger bun despite the poster. My wife asked for a portion of butter as none had been put in the potato hence it was quite dry. Anyway the fun started once we attempted to pay the bill. I had mentally added up the cost so was prepared to pay + a tip. The waitress (who was new and clueless re the food she was serving) quoted a much larger price. When I quoted the prices advertised on the posters on the walls she claimed they were out-of-date and they have to charge those in the menu. I refused to accept this. She then claimed they have to charge 30p for the small portion of butter my wife asked to be put on her jacket potato. Again I refused and then the waitress attempted to alert me to some ballpoint scrawl on the menu which was never shown to me. I demanded to speak to the Manager but he ensured he remained in the kitchen and pretended to blame the girl.
Makes me wonder how many others have been ripped-off. Such a pity as the décor etc. was good. However, I will simply not tolerate blatant overcharging and deceit. Will they start charging for salt and pepper or sugar? No surprise the place was almost empty.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Good food in old fashioned atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We visited this café whilst on holiday in the area, intending to have drinks only. However when we saw the prices of a Sunday lunch, we couldn’t resist having a meal. The food was very good and we only paid £19.95 for a full roast beef dinner, home-made chicken tikka, two desserts, a glass of red wine and a large glass of lager.

I don’t know if the waitress was Georgie, as mentioned in the previous review, but she certainly worked hard and was very pleasant and helpful.

The café is in an old property with simple but effective décor, but is located upstairs, so not good for people with mobility problems.

We would certainly visit again if in the area.

• Visited April 2013