“Is it me??? Have I missed something???” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 40 Attractions in Llandudno
Type: Farms, Outdoors
wales
3 attraction reviews
“Is it me??? Have I missed something???”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Ashamed to say that as a resident of llandudno, last Saturday was the first time I visited as somewhere to take my 18month grandson on a sunny afternoon for a couple of hours.

No entrance fee, lots of things to see and plenty to occupy children of all ages. There was laughter and mums and dads enjoying the experience of seeing the animals and owls with their families!!

I am amazed at the negative comments made by some of the previous posters?? The owners of this "working farm" allow people to experience their environment. Who do the previous posters think provide the little tractors and play area, with play equipment for the children, and at who's cost??

Health and Safety issues, mentioned by one poster?? That is why they state that parental responsibility at all times, you are the parent, you need to take charge of your own child!! You want a sterile environment go to Sea World, where you pay through the nose on admission fees, and get about an hour wandering under glass domes!! The slide and some fences needing repairing?? Yes, but the livestock take priority on this "working farm"

No attendant on reception?? Who is going to pay their wage?? Not allowed to take picnic?? They try to recoup their overheads by offering their own refreshments in the on site cafe!! And how many people leave without making a donation do you think??

I for one loved the whole experience, allowed to wander around for as long as I wished, introduced my grandson to some up close and personal one to one time with the farmyard animals!!

Thank you we will visit often.

S S W

Lancashire
3 attraction reviews
“Visit an open air farm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We took our two grandchildren to Bodafon farm today. Where can you visit farm animals,deer and birds of prey and it doesn't cost you a penny???!!!!
You can wander about at ease and children can stroke goats , see alpakas,see deer and numerous birds of prey for free?
There is a reasonably priced restaurant,catering for reasonably priced Ice Creams and lollies for the children
This is situated in a fabulous setting overlooking Llandudno bay and shouldn't be missed if you have children of any ages

5 attraction reviews
“Nice little farm - needs some work.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I think the first thing you have to bare in mind about this farm is that it is FREE. So you can't really complain or expect too much either.

I don't think the car park is much of a problem really, it is just a car park after all...

My children enjoyed the tractors out on the courtyard, I get the feeling they are a big hit!
The café area is absolutely stunning, the food looked lovely too but as we had already ate cannot comment on its taste. It really did look great though!

The outdoor area linked to the café is also really nice and well kept. The owl enclosures were really nice and clean.

The views from the top are amazing.

The play park was nice but did need improvement. I imagine there probably Is a few health and safety issues on the play area but for free entry I doubt they have much money to make improvements with.

We paid £2 for our son to have a pony ride. The pony was well behaved and looked well looked after. However we were a bit shocked when the young man giving the pony rides told us he hadn't been there since his work experience a few years ago and hadn't tacked a horse up since then. We weren't too worried as we have some experience with horses and ponies but he did give the impression that he didn't really know what he was doing and had the pony not been so well behaved this might have been a problem.

There weren't many animals in the courtyard and the pig looked really dirty, This could just be because he was old but I do remember commenting on him.

Overall I think this is a great place to visit for an hour or more if you have lunch there. There are some improvements needed but I don't think it would take much to bring it right up to scratch!

llandudno
4 attraction reviews
“KEN CHEF is the new chef!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you haven't heard of the famous Ken Chef you must visit this farm and indulge youself with a meal created by the most famous of all Llandudno Chefs, having served his time in the best London and Isle of White Michelin rated restaurants. His meals are without doubt the best I have ever had him create me buffets in the County Hotel for a Wedding and a wedding anniversary and a couple of birthdays, his slamon leaping centre piece is a vision to behold

Visited April 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing species of owls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was expecting a few llamas horses and the odd eagle etc and was very surprised to see a wide range of owls which were beautiful. Some of these species I had never seen before at any zoo or bird of prey place. Fantastic setting for events and wedding receptions.