“My first afternoon tea was a delight!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Characters Old Curiosity Shop & Sandwich House

Characters Old Curiosity Shop & Sandwich House
11 Llewelyn Avenue, Llandudno LL30 2ER, Wales (Formerly Characters)
+44 1492 872290
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 167 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Tea Room
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Welcome to Characters Teahouse and curiosity shop. We are a family run business with the idea of bringing back the past time of sitting down for Afternoon Tea, whilst also being able to mooch around and take a look at the quirky items we have for sale. Whilst being enchanted by our old boutique style Teahouse, to accompany your visit, we have a variety of our vintage teas and delicious cakes and pastries. If you are catching up with old friends or simply want to sit and watch the afternoon roll away.Characters teahouse brings you the a warmth and comfort that can only be found in your own home.
Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
“My first afternoon tea was a delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My family and I were staying next door at the lovely Branstone B&B and I decided to treat my mother to an a spot of afternoon tea and was so glad I chose here.

Having never had a proper afternoon tea I was rather looking forward to it and Characters did not dissapoint.
The food was gorgeous and my mum said the tea was lovely too (I dont drink tea or coffee so had a coke instead!)

Simply wonderful.

Visited August 2012

England
“Full of character, great service and superb food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

What a wonderful find this place is. The most friendly staff and service you could wish for. Delicious and freshly prepared food and drinks in the most comfortable cafe in the area. The cafe/shop has a wonderful collection of curio's for sale. This is a perfect example of what a tea/coffee shop should be like. The people who run it are interested in you as an individual and they always have time for a chat, there is always a smile and a warm welcome. The food is out of this world. A wonderful selection of locally made cakes, a delicious choice of sandwiches, soups and snacks all presented and prepared fresh on the premises. This place is well worth a visit when in Llandudno. Can't wait to go back again. 10/10

• Visited August 2012
Stroud, United Kingdom
“Perfect Cream Tea in the sunshine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We enjoyed our elevenses (relaxing on a vintage sofa) so much we returned for cream tea in the afternoon. Best scones I have had for ages. Perfect hosts, lovely vintage china and loose leaf tea. Generous portions and unhurried relaxed atmosphere. Perfect!!! A little gem of a place...

“Tea for two”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

I went with my best friend for afternoon tea and have to say that it was superb. Beautifully presented, served with a smile and easy to spend a pleasant afternoon in comfort and luxury, where nothing was not too much trouble. I can't wait until they are open in the evenings for food! Thank you Annie and Brett.

llandudno
“Lovely cafe for both locals and tourists”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Just what Llandudno needs. At last a quality tea shop/cafe/(soon to be open 2 evenings with a portugese theme) with a unique atmosphere. The afternoon tea is fab, fresh sandwiches, homemade cake and tea leaves in a china tea pot. Eating here is an experience and not to be rushed, there are papers to read and you must visit the loo downstairs and browse everything for sale.

• Visited July 2012