“Service and breakfast was fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

You added Headlands Hotel to your Saves list
Headlands Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Hill Terrace, Llandudno LL30 2LS, Wales   |
Ranked #28 of 64 Hotels in Llandudno
“Service and breakfast was fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

My father and step mother came here for their wedding anniversary, due to a sudden illness they were unable to travel abroad so choose this hotel.
My Father fell ill whilst here and we ended up traveling here from the north of England unexpectedly. We ended up having to stay for the night which the owner very kindly arranged with us at the very last minute. He was fantastic and even took the trouble to put our room keys in my dad's room so we got them as we arrived late. He also hand sign posted the room for us which was really thoughtful.
He was so good to my dad and step mum and was really caring. This kind of service you can not buy and really made our stay as pleasant as it could be under the circumstances.
The breakfast was lovely with all locally sourced food and yoghurt a which is brilliant.
I really can't thank the owner enough for all that he did for us during our brief stay and how nice you were to us all.
If we do come to Llandudno again we will stay here again and would recommend the hotel to everyone due to how fantastic you were with us.
Thank you again.

Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We ended up at this hotel by accident, and am completely glad the booking site overbooked the one we were supposed to be at. Ray was absolutely fantastic and so welcoming. The room itself was lovely, with pleasant views of the garden and was cleaned to a very high standard. The towels were lovely and fluffy and the bathroom was much better than what we'd been crammed into previously! The breakfast was lovely, lots of walks and amenities nearby and as we left we were given some water and home made flapjack (which was amazing!).

Definitely go to this hotel if you fancy a lovely stay. Very friendly and welcoming and the bar's an excellent touch too. (Not to mention the house is beautiful!)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Runcorn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We have just returned from a two day break at Headlands, it was excellent, Ray and Tania are welcoming and friendly. The breakfast is good and the room was comfortable. The only downside is the position, up a steep hill.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Chamonix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic family run dog friendly hotel with extremely friendly staff and fellow residents.it was an ideal location with fantastic views and right next to footpath to take you to the great Orme. Breakfast was fantastic and filling. This is a rare find and one we shall be recommending and going back to ourselves.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Alderley Edge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of nights with our pet dog. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Ray the owner has a great knowledge of the local restaurants etc. Free car Parking, great local produce based breakfast, cold beer and a warm welcome. Oh the view across the entire bay is the best in Llandudno.

• Stayed April 2014
Nottinghamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Even though the Hotel was not actually open Tanya & Ray very kindly agreed to not only let us stay there but also help with the ' great bungalow' hunt.Not exactly part of the brief for any hotelier but overr the years Tanya & Ray have become like family and are always so helpful.
We ere treated to the usual fantastic breakfast and after a nightmare and very disappointing day viewing so of the worst places I have ever been in my life that very nearly reduced me to tears ,
I was saved by Ray offering me a much needed drink and a laugh and Tanya doing research on her computer that resulted in me finding the exact bungalow near the sea I have always dreamed of. As I am disabled and rapidly reaching the point where I will not be able to managed the many stairs of the Headlands I am increasingly panic struck of what to do when I can no longer reach my sanctuary .
Until my new home is ready I will continue to return hear and if Tanya is cooking her famous dinners I will be over to use the restaurant even after I move.
This is still a gem in the crown of Llandudno .

Room Tip: The higher you go the better the views ,although all are great. Tanya & Ray know all the best pl...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Atherstone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Headlands on top of huge hill overlooking the sea, shame that the hotels name had came off. Views from our room were so nice, we booked this hotel as it had off road parking and a licensed bar. We were not offered off road parking and made to park on the road and the bar never got opened as owner seemed more concerned about walking his dog than opening the bar for customers, the above spoilt what was a great weekend. If the bar wasn't being opened due to few customers we should have been told when booking then would have booked elsewhere. At breakfast was made to feel that we had to leave scraps for the two seagulls that had been around for years, could not fault our room it was warm and nice.

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Headlands Hotel? Share your experiences!