“A really nice Latte.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 169 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Welsh
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Coffee V is a local, family friendly coffee shop specialising in local Welsh coffee and locally made cakes. Everyone is welcome at CoffeeV whether to stop in or take away. Coffee V offers tea, coffee, flavoured teas as well as a range of cold drinks including milkshakes and smoothies. On the counter we have a selection of cakes, flapjacks & Gluten Free Brownies.With toast, tea cakes and crumpets on offer as an alternative.
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
“A really nice Latte.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Called in yesterday for a quick coffee, found it a very interesting place to visit, nice staff and good coffee will visit again,,, good luck on your hike up kilamanjaro in Feb. well done.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Confused!?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Visited the cafe today with high expectations. Very promising concept from the outside looking in, but some fatal flaws. The offers are good value and a positive reason to walk in. However, no welcome from the disinterested staff working, or farewell as we left. The staff were unsure of the offers provided. 24 notices pinned around the place made it confusing. A laminate on the table would have been a better option for providing details of special offers. Cafe provides wifi, which is fantastic, but there was only one plug available, which was a shame. The coffee was lovely, can't fault that. I understand that you are going for a Starbucks/costa feel to the place. But if that is the case then whats the unique selling point which sets you apart from the rest? Local cafe in a lovely area which I feel is missing a trick and not maximising the potential on the market around them. Value for money is very good though!

Carolyn H, Owner at Coffee V, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
I'm really sorry that you had a less than satisfactory experience in coffee v. You have highlighted some points that I will review with the staff. With regards to the wi fi, I assume you mean electricity plugs? There are in fact 4 of these available for customers use around the coffee shop. Thank you for your comments and I hope you visit us again. Glad you enjoyed the coffee which is what we are about, surely that is a good USP together with the fact that it is value for money
“Friendly and cozy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Call in most days as I work locally, either to sit in or take out, top notch latte and the cheese and onion toasties are delicious. The staff are friendly and courteous and the place itself is bright and airy and a good place to chill with several daily newspapers at hand. Love it.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wales
“A cafe with no menu.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Very confused why a cafe has no menu.. You choose what you want from the fridge.. Be it a packet sandwich, pasta or panini. Fortunately when you pay they do heat the panini for you and bring it over. I wouldn't of known this if my friend wasn't there.
There is a blackboard with 'menu' written on it. But this menu only consisted of drinks. ????
My panini arrived and as it was placed in front of me I almost had it dropped in my lap. No sorry or even an oops! Strange cafe and cramped. It's a shame because my panini tasted delicious.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Carolyn H, Owner at Coffee V, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I am sorry that your experience of Coffee V was not the best. We are not a traditional cafe but a coffee shop serving coffee, cake and sandwiches. We do not make any food on the premises, we have pre made sandwiches and paninis which are selected from a display fridge - much like Costa and Starbucks do. For this reason we do not need a menu. Sorry you felt cramped - we are only a small coffee shop with 2 sofas and seating for only 14 people. Perhaps if you visit again, you can let me know and I can explain in more detail the concept of our coffee shop. Thanks Carolyn
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Coffee... V good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Popped in today for the first time and will definitely be back. It was late when we called in and they had run out of a special offer but they were really flexible on an alternative. Old school good customer service with a smile.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carolyn H, Owner at Coffee V, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thanks for your comments - sorry we had run out, let us know when you are next in. Thanks again - Carolyn