“Won't go back” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 65 Hotels in Llandudno
england
“Won't go back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Arrived to a very dated hotel was in a twin room which overlooked a scruffy looking car park rooms were cold the bucks fizz was nice we went down for tea at half seven to be told they only do tea for one hour and we had missed it . We ended up with kfc in the room. At breakfast we were told were to sit with another couple practically on there knees I felt so uncomfortable I ended up leaving my breakfast staff are polite and it did show what entertainment was only but there was none was glad we only booked one night not two .locational is ideal

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Ashton Under Lyne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed on a KGB deal. Hotel staff were very helpful. We arrived early so they let us leave our luggage 3 hours before our checkin time. The room was spacious, Clean and tidy. All information was available in room reguarding hotel and surrounding area. All clean towels in bathroom, water hot immediately out of tap. Cream tea with an extra sandwiche was perfect. Breakfast was great. It consisted of continental and traditional breakfast.Bar prices were good for a seafront hotel. Free WiFi within most areas of hotel. I would stay there again and recomend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
Coalville, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We used a voucher but upgraded to sea view room which I recommend as the view is stunning. We also booked one of the limited car parking spaces which proved worthwhile if a little difficult to access.
The deal included an afternoon which we paid a nominal amount extra to include sandwiches-again recommended.
The rooms, whilst warm, we're a little tired and could do with refurbishment and new pillars and duvets.
Breakfasts were basic but filling and plentiful. We didn't eat in the hotel or use the bar so am unable to comment. The staff were friendly and welcoming.
If I had paid full price I would have been disappointed but as an offer I thought it reasonable value.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Have to say I give credit where it is due and highlight the positives as apposed to the negatives in my reviews. Firstly this property is on the front so that is a plus point straight away. Located about 100 metres from shops, cafe's, pier etc right on the promenade. My stay was a 1 night Groupon voucher which cost me £49 for B&B and afternoon tea for 2 persons. On arrival we were checked in to our room and were informed we had had a room upgrade to 108. (side sea view). Clear directions given to room printed on room literature. Room was clean although a little vintage tired. Yes this property could do with a few pound spent on a face lift but a majority of their clients are not boutique shall we say so why change something that works. Afternoon tea was fabulous we paid to upgrade to the sandwich option. We were offered a glass of bucks fizz which we opted to exchange for a soft drink, then an option of 2 types of sandwich which all came on the hotels homemade bread which was lovely. Proper tea (leaves and a strainer) was then served with fruit scones, butter, jam and cream couldn't fault any of it. Thank heaven we were only on B&B because the only downfall I can give this hotel is it's meal service times. The evening meal is strict between 6.30 and 7.30 so no room for error and unfortunately no room in my tummy to sample it because the choices available on the menu looked excellent for the price. Breakfast was the same strict between 8.15 and 9.15 checkout 10.30. We opted to take a walk after out afternoon tea but due to the nature of the area everything was over at 6pm probably why dinner is served when it is. We opted for another cup of tea in the bar then went to our room when the stampeed for dinner happened. Lashings of hot water available for a nice hot bath and we settled to watch the TV. This suited my party but can see why some people would get upset by an 8pm bedtime as just nothing to do. Maybe this is something the hotel can look into. Nothing elaborate but just an alternative in keeping with client type staying that keeps people up and about spending money in the bar. That said all in all the staff right the way through are a credit to the place front of house were very accommodating and polite and those behind the scenes do an excellent job working with what they have to keep this place going. Keep up the good work and well done to all. Consider the extra entertainment and extending the evening meal or bar meal sessions and the cash injection needed to update this place will become a welcome addition. I was willing to spend my cash on a later meal but had to opt for the only alternative at 9.30 a macdonalds takeaway. Missed revenue :(

Room Tip: Evaluate based on what you paid to what you get. As long as it is clean and comfortable which my roo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

We went on a Groupon deal so our 2-night stay was good value overall. However, on arrival we were told if we wanted to book a table for dinner, it would be served at 6.30 pm - no choice of when to eat, which we found rather strange. Dinner was good value at £12.50 for 3 courses, although drinks were expensive. There were 2 coach trips there during our stay and the dining room was rather cramped. We also found it very noisy with everyone talking at once. Breakfast is served from 8.15 - 9.15 am. On our first morning we came down for breakfast at 8.45 am and helped ourselves to cereal, juice and tea/coffee, then had our cooked breakfast. When I returned to the breakfast bar just before 9.15 am for some fruit to finish with, the waiter was just removing everything and I was told I could not have any fruit as breakfast was finished! Next morning I ate my cereal and then collected my fruit to save for after my cooked breakfast! Our room was the Gronwen Spa room which is quite small and dated but has a lovely sea view. However, it is next to the lift which emits a loud screech every time it is used, which is very annoying! Also, the Jacuzzi in the tiny bathroom does not work and the tap water is only luke warm. This resulted in a nasty accident as the shower over the bath turned cold mid-shower and I had a very nasty slip/fall escaping the cold water. I informed the hotel of my accident but they did not appear interested and never asked if I was OK. I badly hurt my arms, shoulders, hands, legs and feet and only just managed to avoid knocking myself out on the sink. I am still experiencing considerable pain 10 days later! Needless to say, we would not go back.

Cheshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed for a long weekend. The location was ideal, beautiful views.

The hotel premises was dated but I must state that it was spotlessly clean. The staff team were helpful and obviously hardworking.

We enjoyed breakfast each morning which was cooked to perfection. We stayed in room 203 initially which was very small but moved to 208 for a further extra 2 nights, this room was beautiful and spacious.

Overall; great value for the price paid.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

In a lovely town right on the seafront free wi fi food whilst not great was adequate lovely cream teas bar prices reasonable shower in room was great where this hotel let itself down was the rooms quite small and very tired looking the beds were not a good quality and the bedding badly needed sprucing up hate being negative so will end with the staff were brilliant we were there on a deal and don't know how they do it for the price but we probably would not go there again

Room Tip: We had a back room hopefully would be better on the front should be stun nuns views from there
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Ambassador Hotel? Share your experiences!