After hastily booking the groupon deal, I checked out the Ambassador on trip advisor. Some of the reviews were truly horrendous sprinkled with an occasionally more positive experience! I was fully prepared to be shocked & have to move to another place - BUT, in fact we had a good time!! Llandudno really is a great place to visit with loads to do & superb scenery & walking!! We had our dog with us & didn't feel uncomfortable at all. The staff weren't effusive but very pleasant & helpful. The hotel is truly dated - unbelievably so, but our room was clean enough & the room refreshments of good quality. The bed was comfy - not lumpy as I'd been led to expect. Yes the bedding was very old as were the furnishings but the shower was hot & the room a nice temperature. The T.V. was modernish & worked fine. We had to have breakfast in our room as we had our dog with us but it was served promptly & pleasantly & was perfectly edible if not luxurious! No experience of other food or public areas as we weren't allowed in but looked ok. The 'afternoon tea' was in fact a cream tea & that WAS grim - they would maybe do better to offer tea & biscuits on arrival !!! BUT - what DO you expect for £99 x 2nights B&B for two?? This hotel needs so much money throwing at it but we all have to survive in these difficult times & they are trying!!!!
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Hotel Llandudno
- Ambassador Hotel Llandudno, Wales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A uniquely styled traditional, family run, independent hotel for individual people. The Hotel is renowned for comfort, service & friendliness, but with a commitment to standards & disciplines, with a belief that this has to be affordable.Relaxing lounges or one of Llandudno’s best stocked bars, the choice is yours at The Ambassador.Our Patisserie is open from 10.00am to 5.30pm daily, where you can relax with a pot of tea or coffee. Spoil yourself with a sandwich made on home-baked bread, peraps indulge in a cream cake or afternoon tea. Our Head Chef and his team provide interesting and varied menus in The Restaurant based on local produce. All bedrooms are equiped with tea/coffee making facilities, direct dial telephone, multi channel flat screen Television and hairdryer.Strategically placed, exactly halfway between the bandstand and Pier. Getting about could not be easier - turn left from the front door and you are on the Promenade, turn right and ahead is the main shopping area of Mostyn Street, with many national and international stores.... it's so convenient!The Williams family is now in it’s third generation of caring for guests, many of whom have been returning for over 30 years. Why not join them! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ambassador Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.