“nice and easy restful and quite” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bay County Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Llandudno
Bay County Hotel
You added Bay County Hotel to your Saves list
The Promenade, Llandudno LL30 1BD, Wales (Formerly The County Hotel)   |
Special Offer
CLICK FOR GREAT DEALS
Ranked #38 of 64 Hotels in Llandudno
west midlands
“nice and easy restful and quite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2008

we booked with shearings for easter weekend 3nights stay ,
easy parking , large hotel, excellent for a quite weekend , entertainment ok for over 60 but great to watch older people having fun.

we arrived and booked in on 1st floor did not pay for sea view . our room was basic comfortable and clean , just right for a short stay , nice big bath with loads of hot running water/

breakfast excellent and filling. evening meal a good choice could do with more veg,

we will be back again to recharge our battires thanks to staff and entertainment at the county

• Liked — peace and quite relaxing
  • Disliked — needs tlc in room lac of veg
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
lincolnshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2008

We have just come back from a weekend break from the County Hotel, LLandudno and I must say I dont know what hotel the other people who have put a reveiw in which we read before we went stayed at but it was not this one.

The staff were all helpful, the hotel was very clean, the food was great.

If we had any complaints it was that our holiday was not long enough

Stayed March 2008
liverpool
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2007

I went with my 2 sisters and sister inlaw, we made the most of our weekend, we were very disappointed in the english staff, there attitude towards some of the older residents was terrible and one of those staff was the deputy manger which myself and sister witnessed at the bar, the eastern block staff who served you in the restaurent was brilliant particular George, ( his real name Eezi),the rooms were clean and comfortable my two sisters had a few problems with there room, the reception staff were not forth coming being pleasent, my personal opinion is that shearings should take a look at the english staff behavior, I would go back there if i thought there would be changes made.

• Liked — RESTAURENT
  • Disliked — ENGLISH STAFF AND SOME OF THE ENTERTAINMENT
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2007

we have just returned from the county hotel. the eastern bloc staff there were very good. but the english staff left a lot to be desired. at the present moment there is a very bad outbreak of sickness and diahrea there. we had a party of 20 and 9 of us had it. one even had to be sent to hospital (he was aged 86). there was another coach party there and quite a few also had it . when we questioned the staff about it they didn't seem to be too bothered as long as you filled the form out that they gave you, they then gave you a small bottle of water and confined you to your room and left you to your own devices. there is no anti-bacterial wipes or anti-bacterial sprays anywhere in the hotel unless you bring your own (that is what i suggest). so if you go in the next week or so god help you!!
i don't reckon the health people know about it or the shearings/wallace arnold management yet!

• Stayed October 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
bolton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2007

We had read reviews on this hotel and were appalled at some of the comments listing filthy roms and bedding, ignorant staff and a lousy hotel and these reviews had been read AFTER we had booked the hotel. However we decided to go ahead and how pleased we were! the hotel staff, although mainly of eastern block countries could not have been more friendly and courteous, the rooms, although a bit tired were spotlessly clean. Many of the downstairs rooms ie dining room, lounges, bar area etc all looked like they had just been refurbished and to a very high standard. My advise it to certainly pay a visit, we will definately be going back

Stayed March 2007
oldham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2007

My husband and I, together with our 2 sons and their wives, have just returned from a weekend break at The County,and I can't believe that we stayed in the same hotel as some of these people who have written the reviews!
The only thing that I can complain about was the vegetables, which were over cooked!
The hotel was VERY clean, all the staff were VERY friendly and helpful, and spoke excellent English ( even the English ones! ),I didn't speak to any Poles, but the Slovacians were really polite.
We paid £83pp for DBB for 3days,what do these people want!!!

• Liked — Friendliness of all the staff
  • Disliked — The soggy veg
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2007

I read the reviews on here to my husband and our friends just the night before we were leaving for this hotel that I had chosen and booked for us all.

Imagine my disappointment at some of the negative reviews. The one about the cat smells was the most outrageous and really got to my friends. I told them to expect the worst and anything better would be a bonus.

We were pleasantly surprised that the hotel was clean and fresh. The rooms were basic but we had everything we needed apart from a hair dryer but even that was supplied when I asked at reception.
The food was great and lots of it, plenty of choice and always something you fancied yes there was a number of foreign staff but all were very friendly, smart and helpful.

The average age was about 65 and the entertainment was geared for the older guests but it was very good and varied. I think some people just like to pick fault. If you are considering this hotel go ahead try it for yourself I don’t think you will be disappointed.

• Liked — Friendly and homley
  • Disliked — Basic rooms
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Bay County Hotel? Share your experiences!