“Great Weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #78 of 149 Llandudno B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed for one night, nice, clean, comfortable room. It wasn't a huge room but big enough for me and my partner to move around comfortably enough. Breakfast is served from 8-9am with a good selection of hot and cold food. Would stay again

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Britain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed in the B:B for one night in May 2012.
I had researched the place on line but did not book, simply turned up on the doorstep and asked for a room,which they had.
My room was a single on the third floor. It was small but fine for my needs. The shower room was also small, especially the shower itself.
The place was nicely decorated and spotlessly clean. Sadly I had no view except for the wall of the next door hotel.
The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was very good.

The only couple of niggles I have were that I had to climb 6 flights of stairs (no lift) ,and that I had to pay upfront. Reasonably priced but was charged a little more than was advertised outsde the building

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues then opt for lower floors as there is no lift
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I found this hotel through booking.com and stayed over the Easter weekend. I found that the original dates I booked I had to cancel due to my own work commitments. I then received a phone call from the hotel asking why I had cancelled and they immediately offered me alternative dates (that I couldn't do online) and at a slightly cheaper rate.
I asked if we could have a sea view room and we arrived with a warm greeting from Sheila and a very straight forward welcome. The room was a lovely size, clean and a little chilly. When we asked for a heater, they were surprised but more than accommodating!
Breakfast is a little early between 8am-9am but it was a lovely relaxing stay and I would recommend staying here in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
birmingham
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

1. I confirmed two rooms over Easter and mentioned clearly in e-mail communication that my two year old baby will be with us. First surprise, on reaching the BB, Sheila was astonished to see our child and said I had not mentioned her. I had to remind her that I did and had to mention her own exact words in the e-mail. But when she kept on moaning about it, I had to firmly say that I definitely had and she can check her e-mails.
2. We had to pay upfront for our stay and she demanded the whole payment, completely forgetting the £80 advance I had given. I had to remind her again of the advance.
3. After debiting the payment from our card, she gave us keys to rooms, first the very first room of BB on ground floor and second, the very last on 3rd floor. I insisted that we want the rooms together and this was confirmed over phone but she never agreed. Alas, we had to part from our family friends and move towards our respective rooms.
4. The room smelt of garbage. I tried to keep windows open but it did not help. Also it was very chilly, so had to close them after sometime.
5. Water went cold when I was two minutes into taking a shower.
6. Breakfast at 8AM, that too when you are on a holiday is too harsh. You come on holiday to enjoy and not be punished to wake up at 730 to get ready for breakfast.
7. Checkout is at 10AM. They just want you out as they have already ripped you of your money.
8. While we were putting our baggage in car, Sheila came out of the kitchen and reminded us "please remember to leave the keys", as if we were going to take them with us.
I would never recommend KENDRICK to anyone. There are plenty of options to stay. DO NOT CHOOSE KENDRICK PLEASE.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
WillnVal, Owner at The Kendrick Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, September 17, 2014
Thanks for your review. We are keen to point out that the hotel is now under new management and would welcome your views if you were to come again
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

We had a good nights sleep but room wasnt large and ensuite was small. I guess the view made up for it, we were on 1st floor overlooking the promenade. Our hostess Sheila was lovely but we had to pay upfront, hadnt done this anywhere else in our travels. 66 pound was good value and breakfast was lovely. Had tea & coffee facilities also. Had dinner at Carlo's Italian Restaurant 5 min walk.
Barbara & Neville (Australia)

Room Tip: A front room is a must with such lovely views.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

We were 2 couples and had 2 rooms next door to one another on the top floor.

Pro's:
-Friendly staff and good service.
-Great sea views from our room and the breakfast room.
-free parking outside (if you manage to get parked on the main road like we did, just outside).
-Nice breakfast (if not a little small for my liking)

Con's:
-Rather expensive at £81 per room.
-A bit of a walk away from the town centre.
-Parking can get busy out on the road, but it does have small private car park around the back. (I didnt see it).
-Breakfast between 8:15 - 9:00 am was a bit of a big ask, as I had a wee bit of a hangover!
-Shower room was very 'compact' and the water pressure for the shower was extremely low!! I could barely fill my hands up to rinse my face when showering! Also the bathroom door was a sliding one and just kind of hung in front of the bathroom with an inch gap all the way around!

The is a lot of places to stay in Llandudno and so this place although nice pleasant enough, needs to do more to justify the price tariff.

Room Tip: Request a sea view! Very nice view to wake up too.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
cheshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Recently stayed at the Kendrick BB for 1 night.First impressions was good,it seemed very clean and tidy.I paid £78 for a room on the second floor with a sea view.The room was agood size,but the out of date decore of the room was a big disapointment,as was the shower room.There was no shampoo or conditioner,only two very small sachets of shower gel and one small tablet of soap,as mentioned in other reviews the water pressure for the shower was very poor and also the water was not all that hot.Regarding the tea and coffee provided in the room, the coffee was awell known brand but again the tea bags let the BB down as they tasted very cheap and i had to use 2 at a time to get any taste to the hot water.The following morning i did,nt go down to breakfast which was only between 08.15 and 09.00,i think it would better if the breakfast times could be extented to at least 09.30,as if you have been out for ameal the night before you don,t always feel like having your breakfast so early.Also on check out which is 10am,no one offered me any food to take away,such as carton of juice,bread rolls ,jam ,fruit or yogurt.
So for the room price of £78 i don,t feel it was value for money

Room Tip: take your own shampoo ,shower gel,and tea bags.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to The Kendrick Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!