“pub food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Cheadle, United Kingdom
“pub food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Very busy. Stated a wait but delicious food nevertheless. Menu could be presented in a clearer format.

Visited July 2013

North Weald, United Kingdom
“sad end to a 70th birthday”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Well, after having read the reviews from other diners on trip advisor my husband booked for an evening meal as it was my 70th birthday. We enjoyed a lovely day in and around Llandudno and were really looking forward to our meal. Well a steak that cost £18.50 and was part gristle and not very special was not a good start, although my husband had pork loin and thoroughly enjoyed his. Anyway finished that, plates took away and we waited for the dessert menu, and we waited and waited and eventually I went and asked for the menu from the three waitresses who had been stood talking for nearly 15 minutes. We did not bother to have a dessert and my husband very politely told them why. What was just as annoying was all the smoke fumes drifting into the restaurant from outside. Would not recommend or go there again

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“One of my favourite pubs in llandudno.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I've been visiting this pub with my family since I was in a pram & it always brightens my day when we pop in on our visits to llandudno. Overlooking the Great Orme Tram Station, the beer garden is great for people watching. The landlord does an excellent job keeping the bar ticking over and the food is delightful. The only reason I haven't given the food 5 stars is that it doesn't change throughout the year, & while the award winning pies are delicious, on a boiling hot day a nice ploughmans lunch would have gone down a treat.
Been to this pub in mid winter & when the grand old fire is lit, you really don't want to leave.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Best Pub in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is our favourite pub in Llandudno! Bags of character inside, very friendly staff and big outdoor area for those nicer days. We always make a point of having an evening here when we stay in Llandudno. :-)

Visited July 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice pub food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The drinks are a tad expensive,not what you usually pay,a Stella and a Guinness,
came to £7.60,the food was quite good though,i had a Garlic bread starter quite filling,
and for my main meal Cheese and Onion pie with Chips and mushy peas,the waitress asked
me if i wanted gravy with my pie and was given a choice between three different ones,my friend had the BBQ sauce Pork with coleslaw,as a main meal,the bill altogether came to £18.40 without drinks, which was ok,the staff were ok.Open from 12.30PM till 2PM on a Saturday for Lunch.Would go again next time i visit Llandudno,Wales.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere