“Poor show” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Poor show”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed over Xmas period we were dissapointed it was like butlins cueing up for food not our cup of tea the food was not great Christmas dinner was not special in any way we expected better other.days when u had. Sandwiches they were dry with hardly any butter on them we won't be back

georgesLlandudno, Manager at The Terrace at St Georges, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
We are sorry you were disappointed with your stay over the Christmas period. And more so that we believe your review leaves the reader under a misconception of the service provided. We take the queuing for food is referring to our Breakfast service as the only other occasion was for the Christmas Evening Gala Buffet, as all the other services were a full table service through this festive period. Breakfast is a buffet service when the hotel is full, as it was in our very popular Christmas Break. There is an extensive Cold Buffet and an assisted Hot Buffet Service, this is only done to facilitate good service, we regret you felt this wasn't and you were disappointed.
We have an excellent reputation for our Christmas and New Year breaks, all which fill year on year, please refer to the recent reviews. Such a public review site is for you to place your opinion which you have, I would only hope there may come an opportunity to contact me directly, so I may assist in making arrangements which show you a warm welcome and the best of St George's and could well be opinion changing.
Best wishes

73% Recommend
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Went in today. Looked very busy. Asked for a table and a rude waiter said we should find somewhere ourselves. This is not what you expect from an establishment of this type. He gave the impression he was doing us a favour to serve us. Second time we have been in and won't try again. Disappointing to say the least.

Have tried to look into this and asked you for assistance in identifying the waiter, sadly you haven't replied to my question so can only regret ,this impression has been left. If it was busy or not the waiter should still have made you feel welcome.
Our team are regularly acknowledged as being a very friendly and welcoming team I hope you will decide to return and if so please contact me directly so I may ensure there is a lovely sea view table, with a warm welcome included and the best of St George's.
Kind regards
Chester, United Kingdom
“Very good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Sandwiches have generous fillings and the chips are the best ever!
Great view over the sea. Very friendly service.

Visited December 2013
A lovely review to start the New Year and it says it all.
Thank you for posting and so much appreciated.
Best wishes for 2014
Conwy
“cold unrecognisable food.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I was expecting something really special at our works xmas meal here. I was very dissapointed. Starter was a deep fried something that just tasted greasy. Main was meant to be a turkey dinner, but everyone on the table commented that it looked more like pork it was grey and in sections. The veg was awful what there was of it. Lady on our table sent her meal back twice for being cold. I opted for cheese and crackers at the end thinking you cant do that wrong.... they were both stale, both obviously left out on the side. Needless to say that was left too. The lady with the cold meal was offered a glass of wine, which we all thought was an insult till we saw the bar prices. £3.50 for a coke! Will not be going back anytime soon.

georgesLlandudno, Manager at The Terrace at St Georges, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Unable to recognize your party from your comments I am unable to provide a proper response to your issues, sadly this does not reflect the very successful Christmas at St George's with so many compliments and repeat bookings. We will always deal with comments professionally when made to us, but am unable to through such a public site, if you wish to contact me directly, than I shall deal with the matter more appropriately.
What I can say, is that our food is of high quality and has achieved awards for being so, and served by friendly efficient staff in a lovely setting.
As always with guests as yourself if you did consider a return to St George's please contact me directly so I may ensure you will receive the best of St George's.
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
“Really poor Xmas party”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Went to this 4 star Hotel for a works Xmas party. I have been to the St George's many times in the past and always found it very good. On this occasion however, apart from my starter, which was very nice the food was very poor. I had a beef steak main course, very small portion which was over cooked and dried out. Only one roast potato, a few vegetables and a dried up spoon of mashed potato, that had formed a crust. I played it safe with desert, by having Cheese and biscuits, however the cheese was noticeable by its absence, one very small sliver of cheddar and a smaller one of Brie. To cap it off. The house white wine was warm and the red cold and not very good.
I'm not sure if the management are letting standards fall or just taking advantage of the party market in the hope they won't notice the small portions and poor quality. Which ever they risk permanently damaging an other wise good reputation unless they do something about this.

georgesLlandudno, Manager at The Terrace at St Georges, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
I am surprised and also regret, that you felt disappointed with your works Christmas Party.
I can only say this December has been our busiest and most successful, with scores of compliments. But what does that matter as this is your opinion, and though you state the ''many times'' in the past you have found St George's very good, sadly on this one occasion, you didn't.
What is sad for us, is as a regular TA user, those very good times you haven't reviewed, as it would have offered a balanced view, but we appreciate and am pleased, you have experienced the best of St George's.
We are certainly not allowing standards to fall and can only regret you were disappointed, please contact me directly if you consider returning to St George's, so I may assure you of a warm welcome and the best of St George's.
Best Wishes for 2014