“Morning Coffee Heaven!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“Morning Coffee Heaven!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Every time we visit Llandudno (at least 3 times a year) we make for The Terrace for morning coffee.Very friendly staff,who greet you with a smile and a "Good Morning" .Coffee is served with a complimentary pastry.We thoroughly enjoy watching the sea coming in and The World passing by.All from a comfortable chair behind large 'picture windows' !( Double glazed ,so it's a joy to sit there even in inclement weather!)This is a well run Terrace Restaurant.Check it out.

Visited September 2013
georgesLlandudno, Manager at The Terrace at St Georges, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you and I feel you have captured the essence of our Terrace....there are excellent cafes in the town but what we offer is a real comfortable ambiance with the wonderful views of Llandudno Bay and no town cafe can offer that particular mix.
Thank you your kind words are much appreciated.
Kind Regards

Sassari
“Lovely meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The location and our table next to the window made this a highly romantic meal! The food was great and the restaurant is tranquil and pleasant.

Visited August 2013
Lovely and succinct and quite true, it is such a lovely setting and wonderful views.
Hope to welcome you back soon.
Best wishes
“Overpriced, over rated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

"A Sunday lunch treat" that was way over priced. The roast beef was under cooked, very bloody in my case and tough for both of us, we left most of it. The service was excellent and all the staff were spot on, but you'll get a better Sunday lunch for half the price in any pub!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Your review stating 2 courses for £18.00 or 3 courses for £20.00 is ''way over priced'' I can't and don't believe the majority of readers will agree.
The Beef is served pink as it should be with the option to have it well done, do regret you didn't enjoy but appreciate your kind words regarding our excellent team.
Please consider returning and contact me directly so I may ensure a lovely sea view table and my assurance of the best of St George's
Shropshire
“Afternoon Tea Disaster”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We ad previously stayed at this hotel 2years ago and booked an afternoon tea which was superb, and we always promised our selves we would return.
We were in the area and booked the afternoon tea for 3people myself, husband, and daughter at £16.95 each, we arrived 10 minutes early , and waited to be shown our seats, the waitress took us to our table which had all laid up ready for our tea.
We waited, then another 2couples were shown to there tables , they both had vouchers, and had to pay extra as the vouchers didn't cover the tea charge, which they agreed to do, they served them there drinks, and we waited, and waited, even to the extent we felt we were being ignored, in fact we waited over 20 minutes, and still no one came to us, by this time we were all ready for a drink, in the end we walked out, I have never felt so disappointed as this was a treat for our 20 th wedding anniversary, some treat,
I will never step foot in that hotel again, not for a overnight stay, mini break, or an afternoon tea, the service was non existence , I felt as though I was a third grade person who shouldn't of been there, n
But at the end of the day they lost out, as we went and had a fabulous afternoon elsewhere and the service was above and beyond.

georgesLlandudno, Manager at The Terrace at St Georges, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
I have contacted you directly and hope you will reply, we are of course sorry that you felt so let down and I have as mentioned investigated the circumstances surrounding the matter and would hope to have an opportunity to deal with you directly and more appropriately on this.
St George's is a very busy and successful hotel, success based on good food and good service, if on occasion we do fall short, we are professional enough, to handle such rare moments as opportunities to restore confidence and goodwill, I hope we shall be given that opportunity.
Liverpool
“Nice hotel let down by restaurant maitre'd”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is lovely but restaurant personnel could do with lessons in customer service.
When enquiring about booking a table for two maitre'd was so rude and dismissive told me they where fully booked (despite only five people in restaurant) and if we wanted food we could get a snack in bar.
Obvious he could not cope with vast number in restaurant and gave the impression that life would be easier if people ate in bar. This was also the impression of people I spoke to in the bar.
Left hotel and went to The Grovenor in Chester and spent our £200 on a fantastic meal there.

Having investigated the circumstances, though there may have been only 5 diners in the restaurant we were full with tables having to be re-used as well.
So Robert was right, and it is difficult to say no to guests, but he offered an alternative, clearly though your impression and opinion in how he expressed himself was the damaging factor.
We have to say Robert is not known to be like this, even winning employee of the year 2012, based on guest feedback.
If ever in Llandudno again, please contact me directly, so I may arrange one of our best tables and my assurance of a warm welcome and enjoyable meal and show you the best of St George's.