“Top marks” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Merrion Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Llandudno
Merrion Hotel
Ranked #21 of 65 Hotels in Llandudno
Newport, United Kingdom
“Top marks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was our first time to Llandudno and having just returned from our weekend at the Merrion, I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Our room had a sea view, was clean and lovely and warm. The food was exceptional, the staff very friendly and couldn't so enough for you,the evening entertainment was very good. We will definitely be retuning. Thank you to all the staff for making our weekend away so perfect.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
merrion-owner, Owner at Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Great review thank you, I am pleased you enjoyed your T&T break with us, I hope you will come and see us again in 2014.
Paul Bream

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We have just returned from a Turkey & Tinsel 4 days, with an Aunt & her sister, we were most impressed with the friendliness/efficiency of all of the staff, the food was excellent and a good choice on all of the courses, the puddings were to die for.
Good evening entertainment,all of the music being played bringing back memories.
Booked through a coach company, and although we had requested rooms close together, this had not be arranged but the receptionist and her merry team, were able to change a double into a family room, so this made our holiday more acceptable.

Room Tip: rooms at back of hotel, warmer, but poor outlook.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for writing your review, I am pleased all the staff looked after you well during your stay, room allocation makes all the difference for groups of friends or family, give us as much notice as possible and we will do our best to give you the best rooms possible.
Kind regards and see you in 2014
warrington,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This was the first visit for me & my Mum and it will be the first of many, we asked for a twin room with disabled facilities the Merrion didn't let us down a lovely big room downstairs with a wet room.
the staff were so attentive and friendly with nothing being too much trouble. In a great location, superb food so much to choose from and the desserts to die for.
we had great entertainment.
We are going to book again next year and also have a summer break.

well done all at the Merrion hotel Llandudno

Room Tip: When you book speak to the hotel and let them know your exact needs we did and they made our break s...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for you recent review, I am pleased you enjoyed your weekend T&T and that everything was up to standard. May I suggest for your summer visit in 2014 please give us as much notice as possible so we can allocate the most suitable room for you, many rooms are booked well in advance. Look forward to seeing you in 2014.
Milford Haven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have just returned from a Turkey and Tinsel break at the Merrion. I was travelling with my local Parkinson's group with wheelchair users and less able bodied people. The access to all areas was was excellent, disabled rooms excellent. Staff could not have been more helpful and accommodating and they worked really hard to make our stay enjoyable and uncomplicated. The evening entertainment was excellent. And the food was excellent excellent!!!!! with a good choice , 17 delicious sweets!!!! My waistline has pleasantly increased!!!!! This was my first visit to this hotel and will definitely not be my last. Would highly recommend it. Thank you so much to all the staff for making it a truly memorable break.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for posting your review, I am delighted you enjoyed your holiday with us and that the facilities in the hotel were suitable. We hope to see you in 2014.
Regards
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have just come back from a turkey & tinsel weekend. What a lovely hotel, right on the seafront all dressed up for christmas which made it special. Fabulous people that run the hotel who went the extra mile and couldn't do enough for you. Food was exceptional with 17 choices of desserts, never seen that before. Rooms were very clean and bed comfy too. Entertainment was brilliant. Top marks all round.

Room Tip: You must ask for a sea view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
merrion-owner, Owner at Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
How very nice of you to be so complimentary, T&T breaks are great fun, every arrives in a party mood and has a great time. Glad you enjoyed the food and that the staff looked after you well.
Have a great Christmas, see you in 2014.
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

me and mum go a couple of times a year she has been going for 25 years or so,its always great. the food is just simply amazing. get a sea view room it was a lovely week so the views are great always have such a laugh with brian behind the bar he works so hard, and joe the comedian, ian to. my mum is 82 and even she got up to dance thankyou the merrion.

Room Tip: get a sea veiw room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
merrion-owner, Owner at Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your review, great to see you and your Mum again, I will pass on your compliments to Brian and Jo, I know they will appreciate it. See you in 2014.
bolton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The hotel itself has a great location overlooking the beach, and in general the hotel and staff are very pleasant. i booked direct with the hotel via email and a phone call many months ago. Myself and my 2 little girls, and my parents, looked forward to a short break away in a nice hotel with nice food. For the most that is what we got, HOWEVER, what they neglected to tell me, is that the hotel was taken over by a Turkey and tinsel coach tour, a specific break, whereby the hotel was themed for christmas. We arrived on "christmas day" and while the food was nice enough, we did not book this hotel for a christmas themed break, or for a christmas dinner, which was pretty much the only main course on offer that 1st night (aside from 1 other dish)...even my 2 young children were confused as to why we were sat down for christmas dinner complete with christmas crackers. My dad went to enquire at reception and apparently the staff were in agreement that this indeed must be quite odd to us as they assumed we were part of the Turkey and tinsel break! the next day was then "boxing day" and while there was more variety on the menu thankfully, the whole trip was most bizarre, and had we been informed at the time of booking, or updated after booking that this was going to be happening, we definitely would have booked elsewhere.....and as other reviewers have mentioned, they really need to do something about the lift situation...my mum who is on crutches, often had to wait a long time to get up or down in the lift.....

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
merrion-owner, Owner at Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your recent review, I am very sorry you were not informed that the hotel is in full Christmas mode at the moment, as indeed are most of the larger hotels in Llandudno in November/December, I will talk with the reception staff and make sure guests are informed fully in the future.
Paul Bream.

Been to Merrion Hotel? Share your experiences!