“Lovely food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 167 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Description: Family run pub in the heart of Llandudno, serving a wide range of main courses and local specials, fantastic lunches and filling dinners. All the meals are accompanied by a range of local beers, and popular lagers, wines and spirits. Food is served in a family friendly environment, with seating indoors and outside. Perfect for couples, family get togethers or large gatherings - a very popular place with holidaymakers and locals alike.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Salmon fish cakes, king prawns in ginger, coriander and garlic and also the most tender, succulent braised beef ever..returned for a second visit and would go back again...

Visited July 2014

“Lovely lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We visited here on 26th July 2014 and sat outside as the weather was lovely. The food was very nice I had a roast dinner and my boyfriend had a double beef burger. The portions were very generous and the staff were very helpful. The only slight issue was we had to sit and wait at a dirty table until a waiter cleared it but seeing as we sat outside it is understandable and we would definitely go back again.

wolverhampton
“Decent enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We called in on a Monday night after a local recommendation. I Had meat balls in rich tomato and basil sauce for £9.95. The wife had seared chicken breast with Mediterranean vegetables and New potatoes for £11.25

We both felt the meals were of a very high standard as pub meals go and would grace many a high end restaurant.

I think we both would have tried a desert but we were never offered a desert menu. I wondered if it was due to the fact that it was quiz night and staff were keen to move on.

Things did get a little noisy as we were finishing our meals and the quiz master was testing his Mike out but we didn't let this put us off and infact lingered a while and tested our knowledge on the quiz.

I would definitely like to return to this restaurant and try out
some of the other dishes on the menu. If it's on a Monday quiz night I'll get there earlier and probably buy a quiz ticket after and join in because it did seem good fun.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Aintree, Liverpool
“The Best Pub in Llandudno!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The Albert was recommended to us by our B+B host. The only pub we could find on a Saturday night without bouncers is recommendation enough. The clientele was mixed - both young and not so young - the service quick and the whole atmosphere friendly and none threatening. The pub grub is great too! My wife shouted "John" to our friend at the bar and four people turned around (popular name) and ended up passing our order on to the right"John". It was hilarious and done with great humour - everyone was chatty and we really enjoyed our (several!) visits.

Visited July 2014
Mandurah
“Great food and welcoming environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife had the king prawns (special) and I had the meatballs -- when I looked at her dish I wish I'd opted for the prawns which were delicious (she gave me one) but I really enjoyed the spaghetti and meatballs which were also very good. Staff were friendly and provided good service & they have local beers which are worth tasting. The location is just back from the Promenade so near enough without being on the beach front.

• Visited July 2014