“Excellent Food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 166 Restaurants in Llandudno
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Traditional Pub,Child Friendly,Serving Food All Day,Real Ale,Log Fire,Reservations by Phone or Email,Good Beer Guide 2012
Preston, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Monday night was full and that says a lot out of season. The food was excellent quality and reasonably priced. Pub grub at its best, good quality ingredients freshly cooked. Good selection of beers too. The décor was very much aimed at diners rather than traditional pub-goers and unless you can sit outside you will be surrounded by eaters. That's what we went for anyway so it wasn't a problem for us.
Overall, I think on the basis of food and value for money I am surprised it doesn't rank much higher on tripadvisor. Perhaps the staff behind the bar could be more welcoming?

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Family meeting for Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had booked a table for 17 family members on the 27th October 2013... we had gone to Llandudno to have a lunch which our late father had left money to pay for...He always loved visiting Llandudno so it seemed the most appropriate place...
The management should be proud that they have such lovely staff, nothing was too much trouble and the food was absolutely gorgeous and very generous portions too... I had to leave some of my main course and felt miffed that I couldn't finish it because being stuffed...My siblings rang up when they arrived back home to say the venue was the best they had been to in a long long time and were in awe of the food... Service was just right and considering the rest of the pub was full the staff coped very well... I have sent the management and staff a thank you card, which I have never felt necessary to do anywhere else.... WELL DONE!!! cant wait to go back....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Kids meals”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I am a fan of the Loaf and have been going there for years, but I have one issue with the pub.We went there last week for a drink and decided to get our 3yr old a kids meal there. He wanted bangers and mash. We ordered him the meal and it came, 2 thin sausages with a small 'swirl' of mash, no peas. I had to ask for peas, which came. My son finished the meal pretty quickly. I then saw that ice cream was £1extra. We eat out regularly and would not expect to pay this much for a kids meal.This would have brought the meal to £6.50 which is expensive for what we got. For example The Albert, a pub which does great food, charges £4.95 for a large kids meal, ice cream and a drink which is far more realistic. I don't mind paying when the food is worth the money but I thought it's a bit mean spirited not to throw in a scoop of ice cream for free especially when the meal was small.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food in a lovely pub.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

What a find. A proper pub with real ales and a roaring fire, but with a lovely atmosphere probably due to the fantastic food. Decor is rustic and interesting ( take time to read about it in their leaflet ) and the food is modern British pub fayre using local suppliers.

Visited October 2013
Stoke-on-Trent
“Log fires and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This is a great little Pub hidden behind the Main Street in Llandudno. A friendly welcome, great food, and fine wines all wrapped up with log fires and free newspapers, what more can you ask for.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere