“Hotel was adequate” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Parkview Hotel

You added Parkview Hotel to your Saves list
Parkview Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   8 Wilmington Gardens, Eastbourne BN21 4JN, England   |
Ranked #52 of 75 Eastbourne B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Hotel was adequate”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel and facility are adequate for the type of facility this is however having stayed there for just 1 night, I would never return.

The hotelier was rude to myself and my partner and we were insulted by comments made throughout breakfast. I was also referred to as "not normal" when I asked to use a toilet in the hotel an hour before check in (not to check in!). After a 3.5 hour journey, this is not the welcome you would expect as paying guests at any hotel!

To make matters even worse, on departure, the hotelier then tried to charge us for breakfast, even though our reservation confirmation clearly stated this was included. After we challenged this, a refund was made however this was after a lot of discussion and we were made to feel in the wrong which is not the way customer service should be.

The hotelier told us "never to stay at that hotel again! which quite frankly was not advise that needed to be given. Going away for the weekend should not leave you feeling upset and distressed.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Brummy in Brum UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Jane the new owner is very welcoming and friendly, in fact she made my stay feel like I was visiting a favourite Aunt by the sea. Feeling more like a home from home rather than a small hotel I had a excellent nights sleep, and an excellent breakfast. The onsite parking is an essential in a busy seaside town. I use the hotel has a base to tour the beauty spot of Sussex, great for my photography hobby.
I would have no trouble recommending this place to family, friends, or anyone else. I will definitely be returning for another visit.

Room Tip: Room 3 is great for solo travellers.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Maidstone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2014

Nice hotel in good position. We had upgraded rooms ,which were lovely for price, but understand they are usually dearer. Rather steep stairs but small lift available .parking was free but limited, I understand that it is charged for at busy periods which I do not think is right.the front rooms are a nice size with a small shower room and toilet, free refreshments ,and the usual small toiletries.the owner is over friendly which some people might not appreciate ,

Room Tip: The front rooms are large , but stairs are steep
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Bolton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

Me and my work mate stayed here for 12 nights over a three week period whilst working at the main hospital .
The owner jane is a lovely lady with a heart of gold she gives good info for where to eat in eastbourne the rooms we stayed were very clean and the bed was very comfortable for me it was a little out of date but I am only 35 but like I said very clean very comfortable jane does here best to please all the the time she has a great spence of humour .

Considering jane hasn't had it long I hope she will thrive in the future and that she keeps happy in what she has achieved so far .

Great lady thanks jane you made the stay better for me with me being away from my family .

Good service good choice for breakfast

Thanks again

John x

Room Tip: If you want posh don't go if you want clean and friendly then go
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Burnley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

When we arrived we arrived 20:30, we were greeted by a note on the door "Back in half an hour"

We could not get in so we went for something to eat and came back about 21:30.

We were greeted by the strangest landlady I have ever met. Her attempt to be funny was not working with my college and demanded why we had booked double rooms when she had single available. We were tired and did not see the funny side as it were.

The lady showed me my room which was ample sized and quite well furnished. She did however say that this was the better of the rooms (4). She then took my colleague up to his room. I got a text from him saying I definitely got the better room.

We went for breakfast to be greeted by the same lady who kept demanding to know why we did not want a "Full English" in spite of us explaining that we were happy with toast and cereal.

We stayed two nights and to be honest I had two good nights sleep as the bed was really comfy.

At breakfast on the second day I had the "Full English" it did the job but was very average. It was at this point we were informed that the lady had only been at the hotel a week and she admitted that it was shabby and dated and she is going to upgrade it over the winter.

The hotel is well located (Right opposite the Winter Gardens and a very short walk to some nice restaurant's and pubs) The hotel is full of character and it would be very interesting to see it when she has done.

If you can put up with a quirky landlady you'll be fine here.

Room Tip: Keep an open mind
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

My partner and our 2 teenagers stayed in room 9 at this hotel for 3 nights during the Airborne show, and this was an ideal location for that - only 2 minutes walk to the beach/show. The room and bathroom was spotlessly clean, and breakfast was cooked to order (delicious!) and plentiful - with other cereals, yoghurts and fruit etc if a full English isn't for you. The beds were very comfortable and there was no shortage of hot water for the numerous showers! Parking was very limited unfortunately - despite having parking spaces outside, these were all full so we had to leave our vehicle across the road which was a disappointment as one of the reasons we'd chosen the hotel was the free parking, but it was a busy time to visit so couldn't be helped. The choice of Freeview channels was very good, and the quality of the toiletries was nice. If you ran out of tea/coffee in your room they were more than happy to oblige with replacements. The only gripe I have is that the décor and furnishings were very dated - but that's just personal taste and wouldn't stop us from returning, but as others have said the hotel owners have sold up now so who knows what it will be like in future?! Lovely friendly hosts too, I would happily stay at one of their hotels again :-)

Room Tip: Room 9 (Family room) has 1 double, 1 single and 1 put-up bed in separate rooms connected by an archw...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights during the airshow. Firstly has parking which saves on parking. Stones throw to the beach.
Pretty dated inside but comfortable enough and very clean.
Great breakfast. Recommend the mushroom omelette.

Eastbourne without the pier is pretty poor location for kids.

Would recommend this hotel but not eastbourne until the pier is back or the airshow is on

• Stayed August 2014

Been to Parkview Hotel? Share your experiences!