“Close to beach” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 41 hotels in Eastbourne
London
“Close to beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very close to the beach and pier. Breakfast was basic but nice, lots of shops close by. But the room was very small not enough room to swing a cat.eastbourne is a lovely town with miles of sandy beaches and lots of things to do

• Stayed March 2013
SavoyCourtHotel, Director of Sales at Savoy Court Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Steve R,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. The chefs will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food. Eastbourne is full of things to do and the Savoy Court Hotel is very central to everything going on in the town. I am sorry to hear that you found the size of the room an issue. Unfortunately, because the hotel is a Grade 2 listed building, we are unable to expand the size of the rooms as much as we would like to. However, we feel that, because of this, the hotel has a sense of character about it that many guests seem to enjoy.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,

Jack Taylor (Director of Sales)

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Isle Of Wight, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

A very nice stay at a well run hotel where the staff were very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in Eastbourne. It is well positioned near the seafront and pier with easy parking on the front. The meals are of good quality and there is a nice bar and even a garden at the rear.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SavoyCourtHotel, Director of Sales at Savoy Court Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Roger G,

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate all comments on our service. I am glad our staff were able to assist you during your stay. I am also glad that you enjoyed the meals and liked our bar and garden.

Once again, thank you for your positive response to our services and we really appreciate your recommendations.

We hope to see you in the future and wish you all the best.

Kind Regards
Jack Taylor (Sales and Marketing Admin)
Sunbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights and to be honest for the price I was not expecting much. However when I arrived I was gladly proven wrong. Great location, so close to the seafront, town centre and loads of lovely restaurants and bars. The room was a good size, clean and modern. The staff were friendly and more than happy to help when we had any questions. I was very pleased with my stay and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SavoyCourtHotel, Director of Sales at Savoy Court Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive review of our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we exceeded your expectations. Our staff will always do the very best they can for our guest's needs and go to extra lengths to ensure guest satisfaction. Our rooms have been recently redecorated and I am glad you liked them. Our housekeeping team do an outstanding job in maintaining the cleanliness of our guests rooms and are always pleased that people appreciate their work. Thank you for recommending us. It means a lot to us that you would recommend us.

Again I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you very soon.

Very kind regards,

Jack Taylor
(Sales and Marketing Administrator)
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Really close to the sea and exceeded expectation in terms of what we were expecting when booking. Very friendly and helpful staff, especially the manager. The public seating area was very comfortable and had a nice view of the street. The back garden area was very pleasant and relaxing place for a bit of tea. Highly recommended for the price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SavoyCourtHotel, Owner at Savoy Court Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive review. I am glad that we exceeded your expectations and that our staff were helpful and friendly. I am thankful that your appreciated our garden area as it is something we have spent a lot of time on to look as good as possible. Thank you for your recommendations and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Kind regards,

Sajjad Shah (Owner/ Manager)
Hitchin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I booked Savoy Court for myself & very elderly father, to meet with family for the Airbourne Show. As it was a late booking, I had a problem finding a twin room in Eastbourne. If I had read some of the comments about this Hotel, I may not have booked it, but I cannot express enough that I would certainly return again. Yes, work has still to be carried out, but the communal areas are very clean, tidy & comfortable. The Lounge is lovely, & you can relax in the Bar. When air show finished Saturday, 13 of us returned to use the Bar area, to avoid the rain & have hot drinks etc & to continue with our family reunion. Saj & staff very helpful & allowed us to move furniture around to accomodate us all. (considering only 2 of us were actually guests) The Garden room is a calm place to sit & admire the lovely colourful & well tended rear garden. Outside there are plenty of different seating areas. Some bedrooms are a bit on the 'cosy' side, but then I don't want to be in my room all day - just to sleep ! I understand bathrooms are to be updated soon, so that will be a plus point. Overall, location is excellent, yes a bit of noise from late night revellers, but to avoid that, you would probably need to stay away from the sea front. After the air show, I had no problem parking outside the hotel, & left my car there so we could explore the town on foot & used Dotto train. Saj & all staff very pleasant & helpful, so can't really understand some of the negative remarks made on trip advisor ? Spoke to quite a few people who have stayed here many times, & I understand Hotel has undergone an awful lot of work over last few years. I can only make my comments based on my experience. We originally booked for 4 nights, but decided to stay an extra night after air show - so I guess that speaks for itself ! Would certainly return if in the area. Keep up the good work Savoy Court !
Beryl Harrison - 23rd Aug, 2013
Verified Review

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SavoyCourtHotel, Owner at Savoy Court Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your positive response. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you in the future.

All the best.

Ramsgate, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

hotel very tired needed redecorating room very small had no toilet seat for 24 hrs although to be fair a new one was fitted eventually. breakfast was rushed cooked breakfast was brought out before you had finished your cereal would not visit again.

Room Tip: hotel very tired need a full redecoration had no toilet seat for 24 hours although to be fair did f...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SavoyCourtHotel, Manager at Savoy Court Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for your positive response. We greatly appreciate all reviews from our guests as they help us to improve our services.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward to seeing you in the future.

Best Regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Returning guests. There's no other place we'd stay in Eastbourne. We've been coming for our seaside getaway for 3 consecutive years and each visit is exceeded by the next. Splendid hospitality by all staff and helpful friendly management that treat us like family. The rooms are clean, comfortable and suited to our needs. Delightful and entertaining dining experience with the best food in town! perfectly located directly opposite the pier and 5mins from the shopping centre (for the ladies!) Would definitely recommend to everyone especially families! We'll be back!

• Stayed August 2013

Best Regards

Sajjad Shah (Manager)

Been to Savoy Court Hotel? Share your experiences!