“A bit of sunshine in the rain” 4 of 5 stars

Savoy Court Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11-15 Cavendish Place, Eastbourne BN21 3EJ, England   |
Ranked #33 of 41 hotels in Eastbourne
London, United Kingdom
“A bit of sunshine in the rain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We chose to stay in the Savoy Court Hotel as Yell.com indicated that it was one of the closest hotels to the wedding reception venue we were due to attend on the night of Saturday 9 June 2012. We were fortunate to find a parking space virtually opposite the hotel. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful and imnmediately sorted out our 24 hour car parking permit so we were free to roam Eastbourne. The double room was very nice, right at the top of the building, with a beautiful view of the attractive hotel back gardens which, unfortunately, because of the rain, we were not able to take advantage of. My only small gripe was the lack of a mirror within reach of the plug socket (the wind had certainly made its mark on my hair that day and badly needed the attention of a hairdryer) but the ever-helpful receptionist obliged with ensuring that a large mirror was placed in our room when we returned from our walk. Very nice touch and much appreciated. The bathroom was on the cosy side but no problem if you are only staying for a couple of nights. The bed was very comfortable and we both had a great night's sleep. The hotel is very attactive from the outside and I would definitely stay there again if I was in Eastbourne. It's in a great location too - just off the promenade and in easy reach of all the shops and the marvellous Crown and Anchor pub round the corner.

Room Tip: Our room (34 on the third floor) was quite a hike up the stair (if you didn't want to take the l...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Ipswich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

My friends and I stayed at this place last week during our charity bike ride to Birighton. We arrived late pm desperate for a shower and rest. We were given the keys after having to pay up front and went to our rooms - basic, but to be expected for a 2*.
I went straight to the shower and switched on - no hot water!! My black top had fallen on the floor in the bathroom and when I picked it up it was covered in hair and dirt. I then took a closer look at everything and found it was the dirtiest place I had ever stayed. The worst thing was around the toilet, the toilet brush was covered in excrement, disgusting!
I went and asked the manager what had happened to the water and to come and look at the room. He said the water would be on soon and what did I expect from a 2* hotel!! I said I expected hot water and a clean room!
He was really horrible with no manners at all, he even accused me of being a 'professional' - trying to get the room for free!! I had not mentioned anything about money!
He said he would send a cleaner up but this never happened of course. I am amazed this awful place gets so many good comments. We sayed in lots of other places on our ride which were fantasic, clean and friendly and alot cheaper than this dump. Savoy????? There were even plastic sheets on the beds!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Well a re visit after 2 years and from walking into this hotel the first night the new owners had it and then staying there regular - wow what improvements (garden / dining room and rooms) cannot wait to see the improvements in the next year......
Well done to all.
I stay in hotels most weeks but this will always be my home from home.
Stayed in many hotels across the UK and Eastbourne but this is my fav - improvements have to be seen for any negative comments

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Broxbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

The hotel is a stone throw from the beach.
A pleasant stay and it ticked all the right boxes.
The room was a good size and a comfortable bed.
Breakfast was adequate.
Will return soon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful hotel with a beautiful staff in a quite neighbourhood just next to the sea. Nothing better, I will return there soon :)!!

• Stayed April 2012
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Firstly I wouldn't call this a hotel more like a guesthouse and they look after the senor citizens more than couples. We had a double room which was so so, the shower was very poor I got more pressure out of the tap then the shower, we had to re-tune the tv as it only had 3 channels and there was no bedside table to put drinks on. All in all the room was very basic. I would recommend this hotel if you like to stay in and watch tv in the tv room and drink tea all day, on the plus side the bar is cheap but it is also the reception as well. The breakfast was very basic we didnt get offered what we wanted on our cooked breakfast and when I asked for more toast I got a very dirty look of the guy, breakfast is not worth £7.00 each I would go to the local places and a get a buffet breakfast.

Eastbourne is not for COUPLES or YOUNG PEOPLE they is nothing to do at all, we where so glad to be back hoome after one night there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Wiltshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

On arrival- the outside looked welcoming. We received an OK welcome but didn't feel too comfortable with making payment as the girl didn't seem to know what she was doing, nor did she advise anything about breakfast etc.

When we got to our room the door was open and the room STANK of fresh paint- so much so that by the next morning we felt sick of the smell. The walls are paper thin and unfortunately we we could hear the music from one room and TV from another. The decor was dated, the window were thin and we didnt sleep at all as drunks and traffic went past frequently. The shower was like a caravan shower- tiny and weak water flow. The toilet was dirty and there was stains in the bowl.....

Overall we wouldn't recommend at all! There are a lot of other hotels on the doorstep so would advise to look elsewhere!

Room Tip: Not number 23!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Savoy Court Hotel? Share your experiences!