“National Coach Holiday” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bay Majestic Eastbourne Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Eastbourne
Bay Majestic Eastbourne Hotel
Ranked #32 of 43 Hotels in Eastbourne
Manchester, United Kingdom
“National Coach Holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The 4 day break holiday at the Majestic Hotel with National Holidays was excellent value for the money. The hotel is due some refurb, but was clean and comfortable with friendly staff, excellent food. The entertainment was very good each evening. The hotel compere was excellent and true professional entertainer in his own right,Mr Paul Webb.If I had to comment against anything it would be the lifts(2) small and noisy. I would return to Eastbourne and the Majestic Hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lifts but a seaview room is worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MajesticManager, Manager at Bay Majestic Eastbourne Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you flyer33john. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your holiday and found it value for money. I know Paul will be pleased you enjoyed the entertainment. I will be sure to pass your comments to him although I know a lot of staff track the website themselves. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future if you choose to travel with us and thank you again for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We just spent 5 days in this hotel , our bedroom carpet was ready for the skip ,we had an old tv that only had BBC1 , ITV , BBC2 ,CHANEL 4 , the pictures on three chanels were very poor ,
The bedroom needed a full refurb , the hotel was clean and staff very nice and helpfull ,
Food was not bad but if you are a funny eater and dont like Onions cooked you get them in most meals this spoiled meals for my Husband , also we never seemed to have enough on our plates .
We will not be returning to this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Traveler for posting your review. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. In response to your comments I am just wondering if you informed anyone that your husband did not like onions because if we knew, I am sure we could have catered for his needs. We have over 170 people every evening in our restaurant and the majority of them enjoy their meals. As for the portion size if it was not enough we would have been more than happy to provide more. All you had to do was ask your waiter.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Have just returned from an 3 night stay at Majestic Hotel, Eastbourne. Hotel in need of an refurb, but clean. Staff friendly and helpful. Food was very good. Was very surprised with Eastbourne, not what I was expecting.

The Victorian Tea Rooms on pier a must.

Room Tip: Rooms at rear of Hotel are quieter. Away from the lifts.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Falcon1-10 for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. Eastbourne in my opinion is a fantastic town with lots to do for old and young alike. I think a lot of people are pleasantly surprised with Eastbourne if they don’t know it. I hope you were also pleased with what is on offer here and in the surrounding area. I will agree that the tea rooms on the pier are great and as the pier hasn’t changed much since Victorian times you still get that old world experience.
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We went on a 5 day trip to the Majestic with National holidays although I believe it is a Shearings hotel. The hotel is old, and in the middle of refurbishment, but everywhere was clean. Our bedroom was at the rear as we had not paid extra for a sea view, we were out during the day anyway. The room was adequate, loads of storage room, clean bedding and sheets, beds were a bit lumpy. The staff were very courteous and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. The food was fantastic, with loads of variety, and always hot. The hotel is in a good location on the sea front and about a 5-10 minute walk from the main shopping area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you jazzjean for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased you enjoyed your holiday with us and the staff were polite and courteous to you. Our aim is to provide comfortable accommodation with good food and service. It is always nice to hear when we have achieved this. I will agree that the Hotel is in a great spot directly across the road from the beach. It is a pity you did not have a sea view as at this time of the year when the weather is good the views are lovely.
lowestoft
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Negatives 3 night stay on third floor next to noisy lift. Room noisy and not very modern or clean. Beds uncomfortable due to raised springs in mattress.
Positives Friendly and helpful staff. 3 course dinner very good. Breakfast plentiful and hot. Pleasant company and entertainment laid on if needed. Nice TV lounge with lovely sea views.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MajesticManager, Manager at Bay Majestic Eastbourne Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you Rosine for posting your response. As I have stated previously we do have a refurbishment plan and the third floor bedrooms are due to be refurbished this year. I am glad to hear however that you found the staff friendly and helpful and the food to your liking. I will agree that the views from the public areas are great. They are even better from our patio when the weather is good.
norfolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I know I,m a bit late writing this. parked We stayed with friends for 3 nights, and for what we paid it was very good value for money. Yes, the rooms could do with a update, but they were very clean. The food was very good and the staff were very friendly. The only downside was the car parking, one night we on had to park the car quite a distance from the hotel. The bar area has been updated and is very nice. I would recommend this hotel for a break,which would not break the bank.

Room Tip: pay a little extra for a seaview room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
MajesticManager, Manager at Bay Majestic Eastbourne Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you Kimfam for posting your review, better late than never. We are always happy to hear from guests no matter how long ago it is. I am pleased to hear you found the food good and the staff friendly. It is Always good when guests say it is value for money so thank you. We generally find that all of our guests find a parking space close to the Hotel, and with the vouchers for parking I would say it is good value for money.
michelle8671
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I booked last minute using late rooms and paid £39.00 for 2 people for Bed and Breakfast. What I got for the money almost deserved 5 stars. A very warm welcome by the reception staff, the hotel looked clean, the rooms although dated were spotlessly clean. We were also given a room with a seaview.

Breakfast was fine, a good selection of cereals, fruit juices, yogurts and bread plus a cooked Full English. Unfortunately 2 of the waiting staff were abrupt and not so friendly.

So my rating is based on value for money which it exceeded and I would recommend. If you are looking for plush, comfort with all the trimmimgs you wont get it here but you wouldn't expect to for the money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
MajesticManager, Manager at Bay Majestic Eastbourne Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you Michelle8671 for taking the time to post your review. Our aim is to provide comfortable accommodation at an affordable price and I am pleased to hear we have achieved this. I am rather disappointed you found the restaurant staff unfriendly, normally the staff are very good and receive nothing but praise, but I will look into your comments.

Been to Bay Majestic Eastbourne Hotel? Share your experiences!