“Could have been so much better with just a few tweaks!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
SouthCoast
“Could have been so much better with just a few tweaks!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

First visit to the Spice Garden for their Sunday lunch buffet. We were impressed by the look of the restaurant - smart and very clean.
There was perhaps a little less choice than at other Indian buffets we have been to, but that didn't really matter. The food was nice quality - with chicken and lamb beautifully cooked. Our main gripe is that the food was warm rather than hot, which was a shame. And although we don't visit Indian restaurants for desserts, (does anyone?) the presentation of tinned fruit salad and a small chocolate cake that was still frozen solid in the middle was really not worth the bother.
Final negative point - drinks seemed very expensive - a pint of Cobra for £5.50? But maybe we're out of touch.
Overall, for £10.95 a head I think we expected a bit more - and with a £1 off the meal and a £1 off the beer price this would have felt a bit more realistic. Maybe better to visit for a la carte menu than buffet when I'm sure the food will not disappoint.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“DW”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I went for lunch which is served between 12 - 2:30 pm, we arrived at 1:45pm and the restaurant was empty. We were greeted by one of the staff and were told they weren't serving lunch now which was then confirmed by the manager who said they can't because they were closed - even though the door was open? They offered us a take away instead, though we declined.
I've eaten there before and was quite satisfied with the food, though the service is poor - try elsewhere for better service.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
eastbourne
“fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

absolutely the best indian i have had all year the food not only tasted good that day but 3 days later according to muy partner i would recommend the paneer dishes

Visited December 2012
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Curry restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This curry house cannot be beaten for authentic curries, quality food & service second to none. Very pleasant surroundings, now do takeaways, cant be bad!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Eastbourne
“Not that great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Had not been here for about two years as last time I visited I was in a large group and completely ripped off with the expense of the bill.
So thought I would try it again for a Friday night curry. I'm not very adventurous so usually have the same dish wherever I go, so I expect roughly the same sort of meal. This was very different and every dish swamped in oil. So much so, we were leaning the silver serving dish to one side, so that the oil would drain.
It was ok, I ate it. I came out full. But would recommend a take away rather than go back.

• Visited November 2012