We went for an Easter break with only half my family. My 2 daughters where away with school etc, so we decided to go here with my son and have a total beach week or so.
And we all can say we had a great time.
I booked well in advance. Our booking was not all smooth.I wanted a 1 bedroom ocean suite, but for the first night we was there it was not available.So i booked just a normal room.Ok we moved the next day to what was meant to be a 1 bed ocean suite... Well i paid top USD to get the room i wanted and when we got to the room i was not happy at all.... Ok But the manager was ready for this.... He explained it was busy period and the room we had asked for was booked another 2 days..... So can after some negotiations etc etc, we went to the room we wanted 228 2 days later... Now we are talking. All the rooms face out onto the beach, waking up first thing u see is the blue sea amazing.Also we had 2 bathroom and a nice size room.
The staff where so helpful with the situation and they knew what i wanted and they did everything in thier means...
So the staff i have to say are amazing, from cleaners to the manager.The pool and beach staff are very helpful and also nice just to talk to about their wonderful country.
The food is great, we did dine out alot to try other venues but ended up eating in the hotel 3 time in the evening.
Lunch was always good a nice selection to eat at the resturant or you could just eat at your sun loungers.
The water sports team are great and always helpful. There are alot of people trying to sell thing and push u on trips, at first i found this annoying. They arent over baring and in the end we did some boats trips and massages on the beach and have to say my first views where very wrong. All the people where nice helpful and if you didnt want to buy or go on a trip they where cool about it...
The pools are nice but we tended to stay on the beach...
There is a small Spa my wife went and she said it was ok.
So overall for a family its a great place and will be trying to come back fully loaded up with my family.
So please look out for my booking Marcia....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind rests on a 750-foot crescent of premium West Coast white sand beach and is as family-friendly as it is an exclusive adult hideaway. Tamarind features contemporary guestrooms, an intimate spa and relaxation space and two restaurants. Contemporary sun loungers, day beds and decks, transform outdoor spaces into outdoor 'living rooms' providing flexible spaces for dining, drinking, relaxing and events. Complimentary features include: motorized and non-motorized watersports, daily buffet breakfast, WiFi in rooms and throughout property, fitness center and classes and water taxi to other Elegant Hotels' west coast properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Tingo so you can book your Tamarind by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind By Elegant Hotel Paynes Bay
- Tamarind Cove Saint James
- Tamarind Cove Barbados
- Hotel Tamarind Cove
- Tamarind By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Saint James Parish