Beautiful property situated directly on the beautiful, long white sand beach on the West Coast of Barbados. Bus stop is in front of hotel with buses to take up in either directions; either to the City of Bridgetown--a 15 minute ride or to nearest shopping area called Sunset Crest which is a 5 minute ride away.
The hotel design is of various "separate" areas which offer utmost privacy with more than 1 swimming pool. The rooms are sufficiently well appointed and the staff is very accommodating. The breakfast is incredibly good with a variety of breakfast items for every taste and diet.
There is a jewelry shop, clothing, beauty parlor and miscellaneous items shops on the premises. However, right across the street from the hotel, there's a gas station with a convenience store so you can stock up on snacks and drinks. BTW, you can purchase liquor in the supermarkets in Barbados. Suggest you buy your liquor at supermarket, especially the local rum, which is cheaper there than at the duty free.
Overall, the hotel is perfectly located on a very nice beach. There are several top tier restaurants in the vicinity as there are less expensive ones nearby also. There's a fast food joint not far away called CHEFETTE sort of the U.S. version of McDonalds or Kentucky Fried Chicken, but you've never tasted chicken line the one in Chefette--well seasoned and delicious!
Oh, hurricane months are approx. July thru October, but not to worry...Barbados is below sea level so most hurricanes just blow over the island with very little impact. Also when it rains, it's usually for a short period of time and the sun comes right back out.
Hope these tips are helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind rests on a 750-foot crescent of premium West Coast white sand beach and is as family-friendly as it is an exclusive adult hideaway. Tamarind features contemporary guestrooms, an intimate spa and relaxation space and two restaurants. Contemporary sun loungers, day beds and decks, transform outdoor spaces into outdoor 'living rooms' providing flexible spaces for dining, drinking, relaxing and events. Complimentary features include: motorized and non-motorized watersports, daily buffet breakfast, WiFi in rooms and throughout property, fitness center and classes and water taxi to other Elegant Hotels' west coast properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Tingo so you can book your Tamarind by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind By Elegant Hotel Paynes Bay
- Tamarind Cove Saint James
- Tamarind Cove Barbados
- Hotel Tamarind Cove
- Tamarind By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Saint James Parish