We stayed at Tamarind in December before Xmas with two friends. We had spent many happy holidays at the Almond Beach Village (and other hotels) before it closed. This closure forced us to find a replacement and the Tamarind was a good choice. On this occasion we had five nights at the Turtle Beach before driving to the Tamarind. This is a good way to experience both the south and west coasts. We liked our ocean front rooms, which were spacious, although not madly keen on the decor. The grounds were immaculate and the beach superb.
We lunched and dined at Daphne's next door, the food was fabulous. We only ate one dinner chez Tamarind and undercooked scallops were quickly dealt with by the staff. We used the water taxis, going to the Crystal Cove and the Colony Club, and thought the Tamarind was far superior. The staff were excellent and nothing was too much trouble.
Overall, the staff really seemed to enjoy their jobs and nothing was too much trouble. The watersports facility is very professional A great holiday and liked it so much we are returning in April with a friend and sister in law. She has yet to experience Barbados and we know she won't be disappointed, especially staying at the Tamarind. If you are there on Sunday night, grab a cab to First street and party outside the Love bar with the locals. Can' wait for April.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamarind rests on a 750-foot crescent of premium West Coast white sand beach and is as family-friendly as it is an exclusive adult hideaway. Tamarind features contemporary guestrooms, an intimate spa and relaxation space and two restaurants. Contemporary sun loungers, day beds and decks, transform outdoor spaces into outdoor 'living rooms' providing flexible spaces for dining, drinking, relaxing and events. Complimentary features include: motorized and non-motorized watersports, daily buffet breakfast, WiFi in rooms and throughout property, fitness center and classes and water taxi to other Elegant Hotels' west coast properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Regatta Hotels, Hotels.com and Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. so you can book your Tamarind by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarind By Elegant Hotel Paynes Bay
- Tamarind Cove Saint James
- Tamarind Cove Barbados
- Hotel Tamarind Cove
- Tamarind By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Saint James Parish