There's a story behind how we ended up staying at this dream-like place, I'll make it as short as possible. We stayed in a different hotel on the island and in our first night after dinner we decided to pass by and see what the 4 seasons's like. As they say, the rest is history.
The next day I contacted Mr. Lubosh the GM, who found the perfect room/villa and did the best he could for it to fit our budget, as we were staying for a longer period. But Mr. Lubosh's magic didn't end here. The morning after a car was sent to pick us up from our first hotel, and upon arrival we had the most memorable reception ever. It must have been like 10 employees, including Mr. Lubosh, that welcomed us to the hotel. We couldn't take our smiles off our faces for like 15 minutes, it was really something.
We stayed for 6 or 7 nights and we were always talking about maybe staying a day or 2 longer. Room, Spa, Gym, Beach, Service - all are World Class!! But this hotel has this something extra, it's aura and the fact that you have all this nature surrounding you make it an experience like no other. You move around the hotel with buggies and every employee you come across greets you with a smile and a slight bow. It's just so special that it's hard to describe in words.
Still there are a few things to improve. As the hotel is quite isolated and it take a 20 minute drive to get the centre (where we visited almost every evening), I would recommend offering a shuttle service. To have a fixed schedule for a mini-bus that drives to the city centre and back for example.
Then there is the mosquitos, which I'm sure almost every guest suffered from. As the hotel is located in a forest there are a lot of mosquitos and it's very hard to avoid them. But the point I wanted to concentrate on is the Mosquitos in the room as these are the ones we suffered the most from. I'm sure the hotel management is aware of this, but solving this problem would make staying there so much better.
Finally, I just would like to recommend all viewers to visit this hotel during high season when it is fully booked and fully operative. Like a good production plant, this hotel works best when it is highly occupied! We felt the difference during our stay, as in the first 2 days it was pretty full but later there were not so many guests as it was getting close to off season. There were many maintenance operations going on and we had a feeling that there was a light drop in the service by the staff.
Instead of writing in detail about the few negatives I could have written about the endless positives. But I feel that the positives were mentioned by so many before me and I hoped that by perhaps taking my negatives into consideration this place would become even better than what it already is.
So make no mistake, this is a hotel you must visit, especially if you make it as far as Koh-Samui. It is without a doubt the best hotel on the island. We already recommended it to all our friends and hopefully we will get a chance to visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An away-from-it-all hillside resort on the mystical Gulf of Siam. Spacious Thai villas are wrapped in tropical gardens, conserved coconut groves and the amphitheatre of sky, sea and islands. Enjoy the forest spa. Dine at hillcrest or beachside. Splash in the private bay. And explore a pristine world of beaches, reefs, rainforest and sunshine. Revel in the many faces of Thailand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand Hotel Koh Samui
- 4 Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand
- Four Seasons Koh Samui
- Koh Samui Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand Ko Samui - Ang Thong