“BEST SPA IN THE WORLD...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Room Rate
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Ang Thong
Malibu, California
“BEST SPA IN THE WORLD...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

This hotel was so AMAZING! I've stayed at many luxury hotels (I am a luxury travel blogger) and the Four Seasons in Koh Samui is in my top 3 favorite hotels of all time. The service was perfection, as well as the food, and the surroundings. The spa was the best spa experience of my life. I only have wonderful things to say about this place, you will not regret booking a room here!

To elaborate a bit on my experience, my room was actually a secluded, private, island-style villa with it's own private pool overlooking the jungle and ocean. Every detail from the architecture of the room to the amenities inside the room were above and beyond. When we first walked in, a warm bath was already drawn with rose petals in it. There was chilled champagne and two glasses sitting on the table.

I used the gym every morning and loved that it was all windows so I could enjoyed the jungle view from the treadmill.

The concierge was so sweet and helped us book a private yacht to take us through Ang Tong National Marine Park, which is something I highly recommend.

To view my personal photos from Four Seasons Koh Samui please visit my travel blog here:

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
FSKohSamui, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Misha G:

Thank you for sharing your review here on TripAdvisor and for writing about our Resort on your travel blog (nice pictures!). I am so happy to read that you had such a wonderful experience with us. It will be my pleasure to share your kind comments with all the staff, especially every at the Spa, as there is no better motivation than the message of a job well done.

When you look for a place to pamper yourself, I hope you will consider a return visit to our Resort on Koh Samui.

Lubosh Barta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Me and my girlfriend have just got back from a 2 week holiday to Koh Samui. Whilst out there we celebrated an anniversary and wanted to do something special, so we booked just one night at the Four Seasons. I will say now that I have never paid this much for accommodation and to be honest have always been skeptical about spending that much, especially when there re so many other places to stay on the Island for a fraction of the cost, but I bowed to little pressure from the better half and we booked a one bed villa with pool........best money I have ever spent.

From the moment we arrived till we left the following day we have never experienced anything like it. If you are reading this and frequent hotels on this scale then you may be thinking "whats all the fuss about", but for us it was something really special.

First off the villa itself. I had asked by email to have a villa with a great sea view if possible. On arrival we were met by one of the senior management team who not only acknowledged our request but went on to explain that he had indeed arranged for us to have one of their best view villas. I had also asked for an early check in as we were arriving about 11am, this again was given!

We were driven to the villa on one of their buggys. The Villa was just ...WOW. The resort itself is set on a hillside among tropical forrest and so the individual villas are built into the hillside among palm trees and coconut trees etc. The villa was just amazing, and the view was breathtaking. To be honest I would be surprised if there were many villas that didn't have exceptional views, but the difference with ours is that the view was not obscured by any trees. They have a policy to not cut down any of the coconut trees, which is a pleasant surprise. The villa itself had an infinity pool on the terrace along with individual sun loungers and a double lounger under a canopy. You had complete privacy. For both of us it really was just everything we wanted and more.

On to the service, I don't know where to start. As we had only booked for one night I did wonder if we would receive the same level of service as those that were staying for a week or two, well all I can say is every member of staff made us feel like we were the most important people there. At reception we were greeted by 3 members of the team and served welcome drinks, all standard stuff you may say, bit then when they took us to our room they had prepared for us a Happy Anniversary cake along with a Fruit Platter. Every member of the team we drove by on the Buggy smiled and greeted us with a WAI, the gardeners, the cleaners, the drivers were all so friendly and welcoming.

We had dinner at the restaurant which was lovely also, we ate at the top restaurant, but decided to have desert at the beach restaurant. Again wherever we went we were expected and greeted by name. Little touched but it really makes it feel special. The following morning my girlfriend went to the morning meditation session on the beach (no extra cost) and I went for a morning swim in the sea, they have a private beach with corals close to the shore, but they have a secure jette approx 60-80m off sure where the water is deeper and is great for swimming, although I just snorkelled among the corals.

We then had an epic breakfast and checked out. Our Buggy driver who I met on arrival was a Manchester United supporter (like myself) and made sure he bought his iPhone case fully decorated with MUFC to show me the following day. Again little things like that that make a difference.

In summary, if you usually go for this level of accommodation, I really can't imagine you would be anything other than impressed with both the resort, the accommodation and the service. If like us this is more extravagant than you usually book, but are considering splashing out....all I can say again is its was the most special 24hours of our entire holiday and worth every penny.

Without doubt I will be back next year.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
FSKohSamui, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear gazbc:

I truly appreciate how well you captured our Resort in your comments. Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful review here on Tripadvisor. I hope you will contact me directly when you plan on returning so I can personally assist with the arrangement.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

This has to be one of the finest hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff were excellent in every way imaginable. Perfect service from the minute you check in until the minute you leave. I haven't experienced such attention to detail from any other hotel I have stayed in. Once you go there you don't want to leave.

Dear Ramin M:

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your experience at Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui. I know that our team truly enjoyed the opportunity to pamper you during your stay with us.

We hope that you will return soon again to this "Coconut Island".

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My partner and I stayed at the Fours Seasons Koh Samui in February of this year, we had an amazing holiday together. My partner and I are sun worshippers and we were in the best place to do this, the beach is lovely and staff come round every so often with little beach treats, I had a massage or two on the beach which was heaven. I also made use of the spa which was seriously wonderful, I felt totally spoilt rotten.

The food was exceptional, we ate in all of the restaurants at the resort, our favourite was Pla Pla the restaurant on the beach, which is a Spanish / Thai fusion. The head chef is from Barcelona, a very likeable person who came over to talk to us about his life on the island.

The Four Seaons Koh Samui was exactly what we were looking for: rest, sunbathing, eating and spending some down time with my partner, and this is exactly what we got, the place is beautiful, staff as you would expect from a Four Seasons, polite, courteous and couldn't do enough for you.

We did ventured out of the resort on a couple of occasions, but were we to go back to the FSKS I don't think we would bother, we had everything that we needed onsite.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lucy B:

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your positive feedback on your stay in February. I am thrilled you were able to rest, relax and enjoy your time with your partner. Anytime you need to be pampered, please come back and see us here in Koh Samui.

Looking forward to seeing both of you here again in the future!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel cannot be faulted in any respect.

It is self evident that an enormous amount of planning has gone into making this hotel a complete success. The rooms are designed perfectly. The staff are friendly, helpful, informed and efficient. The food is amazing.

It is the perfect holiday destination.

Dear Doronski:

Thank you for your review on our property here on TripAdvisor. I am happy to read that we were able to provide you with a relaxing holiday and hope that you will consider a return visit to our Resort soon again.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

To make my review shorter, I will just say that all of the highest praises in the other reviews ring true to me.

We stayed for 4 nights, and I wish we could have stayed longer. I would go back in a heartbeat.

One really nice touch: they offered us a couple's romantic bath that was complimentary. Normally we might not go in for that, but it came at the perfect time: on the 3rd night of a 4-night stay, right when we needed to elongate the feeling of luxury and pampering. The hotel has a knack for getting tiny little details like that perfectly right. You feel as if you are "known" after only a day.

Apart from the great food, the physical beauty of the place, excellent spa, amazing and extremely well-maintained finishings, it is this special feeling of being cared for that sets this hotel apart.

My one tiny complaint is that the audio systems in the rooms seem to be stuck to "loud" so we didn't use ours. However, the sub-woofer from the neighbors' stereo system vibrated a bit unpleasantly all day, and I don't think they were trying to make it loud. All the hotel needs to do is adjust the subwoofer down a notch. But this was a tiny complaint.

Room Tip: We loved our higher-up the mountain room because it had a great view, but honestly I don't think...
Dear StacyVB:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience here on TripAdvisor; I am so glad that you enjoyed your time at the Resort. The team will be so proud to hear that, with small touches in what they do every day, they have created for you a truly memorable experience.

Your feedback about the audio system is also very useful and much appreciated and I will certainly review it with our Director of Engineer to see how we can improve in this suggested area. Thank you for highlighting it to our attention.

We hope you will stay with us longer next time.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

If I had endless money I would stay in one of the residences all year-round. Paradise on earth (bar the mosquitoes) but will severely slim down your wallet.
I have some small complaints though. Breakfast looked good but wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be. The hot items were a bit disappointing including the a la carte options. I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the breakfast items however.
Also, beware of the corals when you walk in the shallow waters. Ask for shoes as you will surely cut your feet otherwise. These weren't offered by staff when we first asked for snorkeling gear.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
FSKohSamui, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear mackej85:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the hot items and a la carte options at breakfast did not live up to your liking but glad that the overall experience was enjoyable.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to having you return to this little corner of paradise!

Lubosh Barta

Been to Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand? Share your experiences!