“comfy” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Ang Thong
Austin, Texas
“comfy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Super nice place. The staff was very welcoming and accommodation to us. It was a little pricey but it's worth it to know that my family has one of the best places to stay at. We loved it. I would like to sugguest to this place to everyone since we enjoyed our time here so much.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
FSKohSamui, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Paul J:

Thank you for staying with us and for making recommendation of our Resort here on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and hope to have a pleasure of welcoming all of you back to Koh Samui again in the near future.

Lubosh Barta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We spend the most wonderful week at Koh Samui Four Seasons - for our two person elope wedding and honeymoon. It is truly like we have escaped to a small paradise with a week in private villa with a private pool, with stunning view of the bay which was upgrade from a basic villa . Wartchapong the wedding planner was so right on each details and so responsive to my request so one reason for me to choose this property among many other top choices in the country.

Upon arrival we were upgrade to a pool villa with even auspicious villa number that has a number eight in it ( for Chinese belief, and again Wachapong would take the extra step to make sure the villa choosen was perfect for us). Our private villa is beyond description comfortable , a truly luxury experience.

.The service through our of stay was perfect- everyone was so tentative and every request was answered immediately. we were addressed by our surnames by each and every server which is exactly four season 's motto -they make each guests feel like they are the most special guest. The food was near perfection exp the daily breakfast on a breath taking ocean view terrace .Our Thai ceremony was so romantic, even it is just two of us - we did not felt alone among the most friendly stuff and Thai dancing entourage. Our beach side special dinner for two was so nice and enjoyable .

The private beach was great place to just relax and hang out -with stuff bringing complementary cool drinks from time to time. There are all kinds sports one can do literally a week can be passed so fast here without wanting to go any where else.

So if any one has an idea of elope wedding , this is the most perfect place you can choose.

Our entire week is everything beyond our expectation that we decided to spend the rest of our honeymoon at Four Season Chaimai and Four Season Bangkok-and still something about both the property and people here at Koh Sumui that give us the memory of our live . Actually there is no royalty program at Four Seasons , the foot and beverage manager took extra care of us upon hearing we will go to anther four season property and we were taken good care of upon arriving Chan Mai .

We look forward to go back there to our next anniversary there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Cheng168:

At Four Seasons, we strive to create a unique experience for each of our guests. It is heartening to learn that we have achieved that goal with you and made your wedding the memory of your life.

Thank you so much for your kind review and especially for considering a return visit to our Resort so that we could celebrate your anniversary with you.

The team looks forward to seeing you again soon.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We eloped here for our wedding and honeymoon in Oct 2012. Sorry for the late review. The service here is truly exceptional. We immediately felt comfortable dealing with Mr. Watcharapong and it was for good reason. This guy is awesome! For the few months we spent looking at places, my wife really felt that he was looking out for our best interests and so we chose the Four Seasons. He thought of everything and even upgraded us to a beachfront villa with a lucky number. I am allergic to peanuts and he made sure every meal was safe and even called ahead if we ate outside the resort. He played a big role in our wedding ceremony and made sure it was the best it could be. The property is also a slice of paradise. The private beach is probably the best in Koh Samui and you can paddleboard and snorkel. If you want to relax, the beach is super chill. The food and spa are excellent. If you stay here, there is no reason to leave the resort. However, I want to stress that what makes a stay here so special is the service from every one of the staff members. They are all so pleasant and it was such a pleasure to interact with everyone. I felt a special connection with everyone. It is even fun to be picked up by the buggy drivers. Don't let this bother you! We look forward to returning on our anniversary. We liked our stay here so much we went to the Four Seasons in Chang Mai and Bangkok afterwards.

Room Tip: closer to the beach
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
FSKohSamui, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear SingDutch23:

I am thrilled that you still have great memories of our Resort and will share your wonderful review with the whole team. They will be delighted to hear that they were able to make your wedding so special and memorable.

If I can help you plan your return, please let me know so I can personally handle your request. We cannot wait to have you back for your first anniversary!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

It was my first stay at a Four Seasons Hotel after keep hearing it from my rich relatives. I was impressed by the reception area and the view. The staff were exceptionally tentative and nothing was too much of a problem. We were gobsmacked by the villa and the provisions, the view over the bay was breath taking. Not accustomed to this level of luxury nor space in an hotel. We were determined to enjoy it while we were there. I loved the golf buggy rides on site, reminds me of the Prisoner - my number was 303. Breakfast was great and the view over the site was unbelievable. As we were there to celebrate my step daughter's wedding, there were a group of us there - family and friends. Four Seasons had pulled all the stops out to assist with the event. The actually ceremony went down a treat and to perfection. The after ceremony beach party and BBQ was just perfect with attentive staff on hand through out. We had the time of our lives at the Hotel and the wedding. Good job I didn't have to foot the bill. We are now trying to persuade the newly wed couple to going back every year to renew their vow!
The only gripe I have was that there should be another fridge inside, I didn't fancied going out in the middle of the night to get a cold drink with the heat outside!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear steveto710:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our Resort. I am so happy to read that your step daughter's wedding was as it should be, perfect.

Your suggestion about having another fridge inside the villa is greatly appreciated and I shall review it with the team. It is always from the feedback such as yours that enable us to improve the guest experience at our Resort.

Should any of you plan to return to Koh Samui, please do let me know. I will be delighted to assist with the arrangement.

UAE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Cant recomment this enough. Fabulous rooms, wonderful beach with just a perfect bar for watching the end of the day. Kids club was great with half on the beach and half of the day in the club. Gym has excellent views over the resort and the sea, equipment needs a refresh soon. Try the beach BBQ its excellent with a great exec chef (Alex). GM very good and knows his stuff. Try this resort its well worth the visit.

Room Tip: Maybe go for a room near the beach so save time on buggies
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear lain A:

I am glad to learn that you enjoyed what our Resort had to offer and had a wonderful stay with us. I have also taken note of your comment on the gym facilities and pleased to inform you that the upgrade is scheduled for 2014 first quarter when the latest technologies released.

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience here on TripAdvisor and advise us on the area that we can be better. I hope to see you back.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I'm a big fan of Fourseasons, but have heard FS is old, but it was NOT! when i first get there, i was so impress with 1st spot , check in area, the view is stunning. when i went to my pool villa, it was not old at all, still charming, very nice well function and decor. Breakfast is amazing, the view also superb. the beach , activities, the food at all the outlet is so super delicious. i only stay for 3 days but i never left the property, Fourseasons got so much to offer. i will definitely recommend anyone who is planning to visit Samui stay at Fourseasons, i think none of the hotel or resort can beat their service..

Room Tip: They all very good room in pool villa.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear fabulousguru:

It is always a pleasure to read a wonderful review such as yours. Thank you for staying with us and making recommendation of our Resort here on TripAdvisor. We hope to have a pleasure of welcoming you back to Koh Samui again in the near future.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Firstly and in summary, this is a great resort and I would absolutely recommend it both for families and couples. Now some details:

The villas - we stayed in a family villa (902) which is above the beach bar (no noise!) and although you have somewhat obstructed view of the ocean by the trees, it is extremely convenient for kids and going back and forth from the beach. The additional 'kids' room could easily accommodate two younger teenagers and it has it's own large TV with DVD but you all share one bathroom (albeit quite a large one). We did not use our plunge pool or outside area too much as it was just too hot and spent most of our time on the beach.

The beach - as beaches go, it is not a very large one! The end which is closer to the restaurant and bar is stacked tightly with loungers (much too close for my liking) but there is also a'quiet area' further away which has more natural shade and was usually not busy at all so we used it with our 4 year old daughter. The beach is actually ideal for smaller kids and toddlers as there is nice gradual decline which is perfect for splashing around. For adults and older children, if you want to have a proper swim, you have to go to the swimming platform (due to coral and rocks after about 3 feet of depth) which is about 200 yards away. Water sports and kayaks came in very handy, even with our 4 year old as you can go watching the sea life in the shallow waters and exploring small neighbouring beaches (still part of the property and good only for finding shelves). The pool on the beach is smallish for the size of the resort but nobody seemed to mind. One thing that I missed is a walk on the beach in the late afternoon as it was just too small (you can walk it in less then 5 min!)...

Kids Club - as it was, the club was up on the hill in a small room under the Gym and after a few visits and repeated activities, your kids are likely to get bored. However, during the morning, the kids club staff were trying to organising activities on the beach but there was very little promotion of it. However, the management told me that they are planning to build a new kids club this year, on one of the unused sides of the beach which I think would be ideal so watch this space.

Restaurants - the beach restaurant was great both in terms of the food, fantastic staff and the atmosphere. It was surprising to see that on many nights it was empty. The restaurant at the top, for me, had a bit less atmosphere but food was also good. We were full board as we travelled with a young child (so didn't want to go out for dinners) and it proved to be good value for money with unlimited choice.

Service- like in many places around the world, if you engage with staff even a little bit, they will respond well. In some parts of the resort, the service was outstanding (beach restaurant and beach overall) in others good but never below the expectations.

Outside activities - the elephant trek recommended and organised by the resort was good and my wife was even allowed to 'ride' the elephant as a mahout. You should also try local restaurants, at least for lunch... We went to a recommended one which was full of locals and whilst the decor was basic, the food was outstanding, fresh and very cheap...

Overall, the resort is everything you would expect from FS and is well managed with attentive and responsive management and with the planned improvements for the kids club, it is a great resort for families and couples. Thanks to for a great holiday!

Room Tip: If travelling with no more than 2 kids, take the family villa for good value and location
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear zendra:

I am very happy to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your time at our Resort. The team will be thrilled to know that they were able to deliver a great holiday for you and your family. Thank you for sharing your experiences while you were here with us in Koh Samui. I trust that our future visitors will find it very useful and encouraging.

Looking forward to seeing you back with us soon.

Lubosh Barta

Been to Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand? Share your experiences!