We booked a "Deluxe one-bedroom villa" after calling the hotel to know the difference with the "One bedroom Villa", was told it was a free standing villa with no adjunct building. On arrival we discovered a wall on the left side separating us from the other guests villa!! Felt I have been cheated. Staff could not explain the difference with simple deluxe, her english was not clear and we were not offered with any solution, that was very frustrating, it was not what we expected.
There was a very strong smell on the villa sundeck to discover a dead animal trapped under it. We asked to remove it at 8pm, they did it the next morning, which was again very surprising. We had to sleep off with the smell, they could have acted right away and make us wait at the restaurant or offer us a drink at the bar while waiting for it to be done...
Shall I continue? Inconsistent greetings from Staff, lack of personal touch, forgetting orders (asked for water with no ice, getting ice), room-service forgetting to refill coffee, tea and chips, at breakfast we were not offered with the menu that we discovered on day 2...In-room dining very long wait (expect at least 45mn) and poor english, it was an hassle to place order, you need to wait for them to pick-up the phone and once he just answered telling me "I will call you back" with no explanation!!! Guess he was over-busy...
An overall lack of efficiency affecting our holidays, no, it wasnt hassle-free and relaxing stay as we expected. After spending an incredible stay at FS Chiang-Mai, we were very disappointed.
To finish with, we had the Staff calling us in the villa at 6pm to lower the sound of the music as it was bothering our neighbors. Basically, I exploded. First of all NO I was not supposed to have neighbors, then I am just using the room-amenities, if they have an issue with that they should not provide with in-room music or they should limit the level. Its their responsability. I felt I was being accused& scolded and being restrained in my freedom. This was an awful feeling. They just called without even coming or checking first, I felt it was unfair and out of the limits.
I did not enjoy my stay there as I should have. The music issue ruined my last night as it over-stressed me. Oh by the way there was a huge villa also playing music could hear it a breakfast time from the other side of the valley!! Where they also asked by the Staff to turn it off?...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An away-from-it-all hillside resort on the mystical Gulf of Siam. Spacious Thai villas are wrapped in tropical gardens, conserved coconut groves and the amphitheatre of sky, sea and islands. Enjoy the forest spa. Dine at hillcrest or beachside. Splash in the private bay. And explore a pristine world of beaches, reefs, rainforest and sunshine. Revel in the many faces of Thailand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand Hotel Koh Samui
- 4 Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand
- Four Seasons Koh Samui
- Koh Samui Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand Ko Samui - Ang Thong