“Most amazing place I've ever been” 5 of 5 stars

Free Fourth Night!
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Ang Thong
4.5 of 5 stars 683 Reviews
Seattle, Washington
“Most amazing place I've ever been”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

Starting from the moment we arrived, this was one of the most amazing places we have ever visited! We were here for just a couple of days on our honeymoon, and no words or pictures can do this property justice. It is a must see! Put it on your "bucket list" and you won't be disappointed.

The villas are breathtaking, each with its own infinity pool, and completely private. Perfect for a romantic getaway.

The resort beach was awesome, along with the resort "public" pool. Lots of activities, even for adults, and of course the amazing service that only Four Seasons can offer.

The resort is a good ways out of town, so if exploring Samui is high on your priority list, that may be a bit challenging, and you may want to rent a car. But if you are interested in relaxing, this is the perfect place, and I can't see why you would ever want to leave this slice of paradise.

Room Tip: We got the standard Villa, and our room was amazing!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
FSKohSamui, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear KirklandLisa:

Thank you very much for the kind comments that you made about the service and the overall experience during your honeymoon at our Resort. It is rewarding for the team to learn that we were able to deliver a memorable stay making it “one of the most amazing places you have ever visited!”

Congratulations on your wedding! We would love to have you back with us again to celebrate your anniversary.

Best regards,
Brent Martin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

...you will if you stay here; unless you are one of those people who can't enjoy the lap of luxury. I was living my school boy dreams to the max at this resort.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
FSKohSamui, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Dear Marcus S:

Thank you for staying with us recently. I am thrilled to read that you were “livin’ the dream" while in Koh Samui. At Four Seasons, we continually strive to exceed each of our guest’s expectations and deliver memorable experiences such as yours.

Thank you once again for your kind words. We look forward to your return.

Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We are currently staying at this beautiful resort and I can't say enough about the staff, the service and luxurious villa. When we arrived there was a mix-up with our villa and the resort manager personally took care of our problem. The staff is beyond accommodating and the food is divine. They've also built the resort in a way that seems to have not upset much of the island's original vegetation. The last time we were here in Koh Samui was in 2003 and it seems like other resorts have not taken the same kind of care as the Four Seasons in retaining the island's original beauty.

Seriously, this is a slice of heaven and we don't want our vacation to end.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
FSKohSamui, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear hos2003:

I am pleased that we were able to overcome the initial issue upon your arrival so that we were able to deliver a "slice of heaven" to you for your vacation.

I will convey your kind comments about the excellent food to our Chef and his team.

Our designer, Bill Bensely, made an incredible effort to ensure that he showcased the beautiful and lush landscape that envelops our Resort. In builiding the Resort, we preserved over 850 coconut trees from the former coconut plantation.

Thanks so much for staying with us at Four Seasons.

San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

We stayed here for six nights in March as part of an group incentive trip. The rooms are beautiful and fully equipped, and having your own plunge pool to lounge in while enjoying the stunning views is a great benefit. You also have your own espresso maker in the room and fresh fruit delivered daily. The staff throughout the resort were friendly and helpful. The resort itself feels very secluded though you are only a few minutes away by taxi from several local eating options. The food at the various restaurants on site was very good, and the spa was one of the best we have ever experienced (and my wife "spas"quite often). The beach is beautiful and swept daily. The resort is built on a hillside so they will take you in golf carts anywhere you want to go, though we walked the hills a lot to work off all of the good food. We look forward to returning here as soon as we can!

Room Tip: Can't imagine any bad views here, but higher on the hill are more panoramic
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear kcole5:

It is heartening to learn that you found our resort to be beautiful as well as our staff friendly and helpful. Our team is personally dedicated to giving each and every guest a wonderful memory of Koh Samui.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your positive feedback. We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Koh Samui is one of my favaourite sunshine and beach destination because it is not over developed for tourism, like Pattaya, so that I can escape from crowd. If you look for a vocation for relaxation, sun bathing and beach, and concern about privacy, you should try Four Seasons Koh Samui at least once in lifetime. It is located at the northwest of the island, around 40 mins away from the airport and Chaweng, the most crowded area in Koh Samui.

I have stayed in one bedroom villa from 21 to 25 Mar 2012. The interior design is simple and elegant, mixture of earth tone and nothing too much. The bath tub is huge with view. There is a pool, two sun beds, a day bed, dinning area and mini bar on the terrace. I can see the seaview everywhere in the villa, but hardly see other villas. There are curtains on two sides of the terrance so that I can ensure no one can see what I am doing.

I have to mention the private beach of the resort. I can say it is a heaven on earth. It is exclusively for hotel guest. There is also a quiet beach section for someone like me just want a piece of silence in this crazy world. Iced water and different cold treats are complimentary, but is worth to pay a little extra for the fabulous drinks from the beach bar. There are various water sport facilities provided. I have rided the canoe and enjoyed it so much. However, the only swimming pool beside the beach is not big enough for me for lap swimming.

It is difficult to comment on the value. It is Four Seasons, so nothing is cheap, but worth to pay for it. I can't think about anything I have to complain about the service, in the case that I am a easy to please person. Housekeeping staff have done well. How they can keep a villa so clean???

The only two thing I am not fully satisfied are the food and the hotel limo. The food is just average. Sorry, it is not bad at all, but I have to say it is the worst in various Four Seasons I have stayed. The Mercedes-Benz CLS is sporty and luxury, but not enough head room for me, a 5'7 height man, and not adquate space for luggage. May be a M-Class, GL-Class or R-Class is more appropriate for resort usage.

Room Tip: If you want party every night, it is not the resort you look for
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear SpaAddictor:

I am pleased that you enjoyed our resort at your favorite beach destination and that you were able to relax in the comfort of your villa as well as the resort’s secluded beach. Thank you for recognizing the effort of our staff, especially the Housekeeping team. I know that the team truly enjoyed the opportunity to pamper you during your stay.

I appreciate the feedback on our new Mercedes and I am sorry that the space was less than adequate. We recently added a BMW X-5 to provide a roomier option for our guests. As for the food quality, we continue to improve the offering but I would be very keen to hear more details to help us focus our efforts. At your convenience, please drop me a note at brent.martin@fourseasons.com.

I hope we will see you when you return to your favorite island – Koh Samui!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at FS samui..great villa with a great view..perfect service from the staff..the private beach was very clean & nice..the spa was really great..everything was perfect..thanks to all FS Samui staff
-Bernard S. & Friends-

• Stayed February 2012
Dear f_kazin:

Thank you for the comments regarding your stay with us. It is wonderful to learn that we delivered a memorable stay and that your experience at the resort was “perfect”. I will definitely pass on your words of appreciation to all of the staff.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

In few words:

Great Villas & Views

Private Dining top notch, two waiters coming for set up...an experience on its own

Nice little beach with white sand, immaculately clean

Food very good in both restaurants

Breakfast - best almond and chocolate croissants I have had in years :)

Staff, the best i have come accross in Thailand

So dont think twice just book you wont be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear montebelloridge:

Thank you so much for your kind words about the food and service in our Restaurants and the memorable In Villa Dining. They are truly appreciated. I heartily agree that the almond and chocolate croissants are incredible – it is just difficult to stop at one!

I look forward to your return.

Brent Martin

Been to Four Seasons Resort Koh Samui Thailand? Share your experiences!