“Mai - zing hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mai Samui Resort & Spa

You added Mai Samui Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Mai Samui Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2/6 Moo 5, Laem Yai Beach, Ang Thong, Ko Samui 84140, Thailand   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Ang Thong
4.5 of 5 stars 822 Reviews
London, United Kingdom
“Mai - zing hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I would like to start by saying this is definitely one of koh samui's best resorts. we stayed for 10 nights Jul 2014 and have to say the standard of the rooms very romantic and quite a statement, my only negative would be the bugs in the room, I feel the house keeping could be improved slightly as the re was only ever one girl cleaning the room, but she did a good job as she could, but maybe the hotel could have more house keeping the staff as this is something standard when we have had our room cleaned in other worldwide countries. But to be fair this is something very minor in the scheme. The hotel is maintained very well the facilities are great, swimming pool is well looked after and the food in the hotel was the best we had in koh samui, so we had our main meals at the hotel.

The beach is pretty but could do with some maintenance, as a morning sweep with make the beach one of the finest in koh samui. loved the GG's message on the beach it was the best massage we had in koh samui and is highly recommended.

We hired a car as the resort is a little drive from the main stretch but it is lovely because your away from the hussle of chaweng.

The hotel caterers for children really well, my daughter really enjoyed the mai samui and the staff are very friendly and always had a smile and welcomed us every day so well. It made our holiday feel special. We would like to also like to mention Mr Wan chai the hotel manager who was exceptionally accommodating and made our holiday so special.

Room Tip: Pool villas are amazing here
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Yalyong O, General Manager at Mai Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear Mefinn

Warm Greeting from Mai Samui Beach Resort & Spa.

Thank you for choosing our resort for your holiday and for taking the time to share such a wonderful comments.
We will improve the service as you comment and will be keep the standard service.
Thank you once again for staying with us also me and my team are looking forward to welcome you back again for your next holiday.

Yalyong Ongsanam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed in mai samui resort for 3 nights in july 2nd week. It was wonderful and amazing experience. If you really want a nice hassle free time, plz go there. It is not in city center and that is what we like the most. Outdoor pool is huge and supereb. Cocktail in poolside bar is must. Break fast wide choice and good. Sala and thai restaurent both delicious food and reasonable. Staffs are professional and well mannered. Free city shuttle free bus are there. If this return pick up from city is little late like say 7 pm then guest can enjoy bit of city night life also. We really enjoy a lot and we will go back there for sure. Thanks.

Room Tip: Delux room with pool access
Dear Arnab B

Warm Greeting from Mai Samui Beach Resort & Spa.

First of all, thank you very much for staying with us and thanks again to spending your time to give us the review.
It is great to read that you had a memorable holiday.
We hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back again for your next trip to Koh Samui.

Petworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I booked the hotel and flights with Etihad as a package through Voyage Prive. It seemed very good value and I was not disappointed.
On arrival at Koh Samui airport, the smell of jasmine and other heavily scented flowers was overwhelming. The airport must be the cutest ever, with little electric train- type carriages collecting you from the aircraft and taking you to the arrivals hall and baggage claim.
The hotel had provided the transfers, which were in a comfy air conditioned 4x4.
After 23 hours travelling, and it being late we didn't take much in when shown to our room. All I really focused on was how huge the bed was and how I wanted to get in it!
The bed was so comfortable however that we didn't get up until about 3pm the following day, and then dressed and headed off in search of food.
We went to the Mai pub and restaurant where the food is all Thai and they make great American style cocktails. After a stunning and incredibly cheap meal of Phad Thai stuffed with prawns very filling and under £4) , we explored the resort. Well, it is beautiful. The thought that has gone into the buildings by the architects is amazing, with much use of wood. There are two pools, the lower pool nearer to the reception is shallower and ideal for children and families, whereas the enormous main pool is about 130cm deep and winds around the main restaurant, passing under three small footbridges, so you can do a few circuits each morning to keep fit! There are small islands in the pool that are planted up with palm trees and flowering shrubs, so it's all really lovely. The pool bar on the beach has a swim up area and happy hour is in fact Happy 5 hours, 1-6pm every day when cocktails are half price.
The room itself was very spacious, with the massive bed, good size closet and a safe. There was a sliding door to the bathroom and a walk in shower and a bath...on the balcony. It took me all of the first week so get up the courage to use the bath, as I was convinced that everyone in the restaurant must be able to see me getting in or out. We were on the second floor, and the first and ground floors have screened baths. Anyway, it was ok but took an age to fill as it was so big.
We had a few spa treatments, and they were all great. A Thai massage for two was included and was so different to any massages I have had before. After much stretching and bending, we felt quite invigorated. I also recommend the after sun massage which is good if you've over done it a bit, and best of all for me the anti- cellulite treatment. That was fantastic, and next year I want a course of treatments. I have been pummelled and vibrated by so- called anti- cellulite machines, but the masseuse' manual pummelling left my skin noticeably smoother after just one session.

The spa is cheaper than you will find at home, but probably a bit pricy compared to some places on the island. However, the whole experience and sense of calm and ritual is so very relaxing, places like Champneys could learn a thing or two.
The staff at the Mai Samui were lovely. I had a really bad cough and cold (caught on the plane!) and they left teapots of chopped fresh ginger in our room to make into tea, and we're really kind. A Special thank you to Captain Zar Zar who is bar far the most smiley person I have ever met, Peke who is just lovely too, and the nice man in the breakfast room who wrote down the names of Thai dishes that would help me get better.
Thank you to all the staff who are so polite and gracious. It is our intention to come back next year and bring our adult daughters.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are slightly more expensive, but have direct access to the pool
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear DebwestSussex

Greetings from Mai Samui Beach Resort and Spa

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent holiday and for taking the time to share such wonderful comments.
I do really glad that our overall service and facilities make you have a great time and enjoyable along with a good memory with us.
I have already passed along your comments to Captain Zar Zar and Peke and their team as well as our entire team as it is feedback such as yours that provides added motivation for our team to deliver the highest standards of service.

Thanks you once again for staying with us and looking forward to welcome you back again soon.

Cape Town, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed at Mai Samui for two weeks in December 2012 and it is one of most wonderful resorts I have ever visited. The staff were kind and helpful, the rooms were clean, well furnished and offered excellent amenities. Our room offered a wonderful view over the sea from the balcony. The food was excellent and at reasonable prices. The buffet breakfast was excellent and featured varied Thai and Western breakfast options. The rooms also offered enough quality bottled water and we really appreciated the delicious freshly baked biscuits with turn-down service every evening. The most attractive feature of the property is the pool, which flows through the entire resort. The resort also offers complementary trips to and from central Ko Samui, neighbouring Bo Phut and Chaweng beach. Though with such excellent amenities, you'll find little reason to leave the resort at all. I would gladly return.

Room Tip: Our room on the second floor near the poolside restaurant was perfect.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ctgirl7

Greetings from Mai Samui Beach Resort and Spa

First of all, thank you for staying with us recently. It is great to read that you had a memorable holiday and we would be honored if you chose to return to our resort and allowed our team to delight you.
Thanks once again for your lovely comment and we all looking forward to welcome you back here again soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We went to Mai Samui resort for the first time in 2012 and had a great time. Could not wait to return and they surely did not disappoint! Would definitely recommend it if you want a relaxed holiday away from the hustle and bustle. Beautifully located on the beach, great facilities, gracious/friendly staff and fantastic service. We celebrated my husband birthday at the resort with a lovely lunch on the beach, staff went out of their way to make it truly special.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Yalyong O, General Manager at Mai Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear sopperman9

Warm greeting from Mai Samui Beach Resort & Spa.

First of all, thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday again. It is great to read that you had a memorable holiday.
If you have plan for your next holiday, hope me and my team at Mai Samui will be one of your choice for your holiday destination.

With warmest regards,

Yalyong Ongsanam
Renfrew, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a ten day honeymoon at this wonderful hotel. We cannot recommend it enough. We were upgraded to a pool access room which was beautiful and kept very clean. Swimming from our balcony to the pool bar was a preferred activity! The happy hour cocktails are a must!
The breakfast was amazing- lots of choice and all very fresh and tasty! We also ate at the pool bar and restaurant a few times which was nice. For cheap, fresh and authentic thai food we walked to Beryls Bar (a few 100 metres from the hotel) which is also highly recommended.
The shuttle bus service was great, however doesn't run very late. We walked to the main road from the hotel and flagged down taxis or tuk-tuks from there....a much cheaper option than ordering taxis through the hotel.
All of the staff that we encountered during our stay were friendly and very helpful! Coming home to find cookies at your bedside was a hit!

Cannot fault this place at all! We would absolutely recommend it and hope to return one day!

Room Tip: Pool access from A and B blocks are fab....especially room 104 plus
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Yalyong O, General Manager at Mai Samui Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Mrs. Reyn

Warm greeting from Mai Samui Beach Resort & Spa.

Mrs. Reyn , thanks once again for your lovely comment and we all looking forward to welcome you back here again soon.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My Husband and two daughters (20 and 17 years old) have just spent 7 nights in paradise! The hotel rooms are modern but with a taste of Thailand throughout each room. The swimming pools are fantastic and beautiful. The gardens are lovely around and in the little islands of gardens in the pools are a nice touch.

Whilst our check in had a few bumps, nothing major really. We booked two pool access rooms, which would have to be the best pool access rooms we have ever had. We have stayed at many hotels with pool access rooms and these are by far the best! We ended up being up-graded by the Manager Mr Wanchai Uttrapat to a pool villa room which was beyond belief with out own 8 mtre x 3.5 meter pool. Even if we did not get this upgrade we would have been just as happy in our pool access rooms.

The staff at this hotel have to be commended. They are so friendly and always greet you with a smile and ask if everything is OK.

We ate at the hotel most nights as the quality of the food was excellent. I can recommend the club sandwiches delivered by room service - They are delicious! Of course my husband loved the ice cold beer and I would say my Pina Coladas were the best I have tasted.

We are now in Bangkok on our way home and missing the Mai Samui very much. When we get home we will be booking again to go.

We caught a taxi into Chaweng Beach every 2nd or third day for a bit of a walk but the hotel has free shuttle bus three times a day which works out well. We caught this i to town as well.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who likes a taste of luxury at affordable prices. It is suitable for Honeymooners and families.

Our thanks to all the staff at the hotel..... We love you! Paul and Patricia MENEGHEL

Room Tip: Go for the pool access rooms. But any room in this hotel is great. Most or all with pool views
Dear Paul and Patricia MENEGHEL
Greetings from Mai Samui Beach Resort and Spa

I have already passed along your comments to Khun Wanchai (Hotel manager) and his team as well as our entire team as it is feedback such as yours that provides added motivation for our team to deliver the highest standards of service.

Mr. Yalyong Ongsanam

Been to Mai Samui Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!