This hotel is simply beautiful. The beach was wonderful and the rooms had all been recently renovated with wonderfully comfortable beds and bedding. The staff was very nice as well. There were a few minor issues, for example, breakfast was included with the room price but that wasn't told to anyone. We found out through the grapevine and we were there with a wedding so out of 15+ rooms no one was told be the hotel that this was included. Everything was very pricey, even by island standards. Mixed drinks were $15 for a little plastic cup, a burger was $30. Any non motorized water sports were free with the stay. Paddle boarding, snorkeling, kayaking it was all very fun. The pools were lovely. We rented a Cabana 2 of the days and Fred made sure we were well taken care of. He really made us feel special and appreciated as guests. Not that the rest of the staff weren't pleasant but they didn't seem to remember us from day to day. We sat in the same seat at the restaurant for breakfast 4 days in a row and the same person waited on us each day and she never gave any personalized touch. If she remembered us at all, I certainly couldn't tell. The location and property truly can't be beat. The service is good and the prices are high.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Samanna nestles amongst lush gardens overlooking 55 acres of spectacular beachfront. A complete resort in itself, La Samanna offers a spectacular private beach, two poolside terraces, 83 luxurious rooms and suites and 8 newly completed 4600sq. ft. villas with private pools. Enjoy its sophisticated food offerings and award winning wine cellar, indulge in its European Elysees Spa, or simply enjoy the privacy and relaxation of this sophisticated and sensual French-Caribbean enclave. La Samanna is everything you could wish for in a Caribbean hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Belmond La Samanna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Samanna By Orient-Express Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- La Samanna Hotel
- La Samanna Resort St Martin