This hotel was recommended by our travel agent. We asked for a small, quiet, luxurious Caribbean hotel on the beach. It satisfied on all accounts. The accommodations are lovely, the food is excellent (although the service is annoyingly slow), the staff is most helpful, especially the guest relation manager. The property could use a bit of freshening up. But this also applies to the whole island. My husband and I were disappointed; the island is not lush and tropical. And the effects of a major hurricane in 1995 are still in evidence everywhere. But the people are nice everywhere, and the food is AMAZING.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Samanna nestles amongst lush gardens overlooking 55 acres of spectacular beachfront. A complete resort in itself, La Samanna offers a spectacular private beach, two poolside terraces, 83 luxurious rooms and suites and 8 newly completed 4600sq. ft. villas with private pools. Enjoy its sophisticated food offerings and award winning wine cellar, indulge in its European Elysees Spa, or simply enjoy the privacy and relaxation of this sophisticated and sensual French-Caribbean enclave. La Samanna is everything you could wish for in a Caribbean hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Belmond, Tingo, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Belmond La Samanna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Samanna By Orient-Express Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- La Samanna Hotel
- La Samanna Resort St Martin