We went to St. Martin for our friends' wedding last year and really enjoyed it. Nice welcome cocktail upon arrival. Big, very clean and well-appointed room. Nice view over the ocean. Beautiful, large and not-too crowded beach. Staff in general was very good; the beach bar staff was a bit stand-off-ish on our last day at the hotel. But I suspect that was in part due to the wild wedding the night before; we were not exactly on our best behavior, and yet they were very kind to the couple and the guests. My only real quibble with this place is that it seems a bit expensive, and the food/drinks at the bar weren't nearly up to snuff for the prices being charged. Would definitely stay again, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Samanna nestles amongst lush gardens overlooking 55 acres of spectacular beachfront. A complete resort in itself, La Samanna offers a spectacular private beach, two poolside terraces, 83 luxurious rooms and suites and 8 newly completed 4600sq. ft. villas with private pools. Enjoy its sophisticated food offerings and award winning wine cellar, indulge in its European Elysees Spa, or simply enjoy the privacy and relaxation of this sophisticated and sensual French-Caribbean enclave. La Samanna is everything you could wish for in a Caribbean hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Belmond, Splendia and Jetsetter so you can book your Belmond La Samanna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Samanna By Orient-Express Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- La Samanna Hotel
- La Samanna Resort St Martin