This hotel is definitely the nicest one on the island which we drove around and looked at other comparably priced locations.
We had to ask for things like ice and more t.p. every day for some reason but they were very nice and linens were plush and plentiful. The restaurant had just been re opened after renovations off season so We think less than stellar service there was due to lack of training yet. Food was very nice, still not up to par for price. MANY food options by cab or car on islands though.
Overall, fabulous experience.
HIGHLIGHT: signature "CaliguaDinner" served right on the beach privately w candles and torches and champagne .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Samanna nestles amongst lush gardens overlooking 55 acres of spectacular beachfront. A complete resort in itself, La Samanna offers a spectacular private beach, two poolside terraces, 83 luxurious rooms and suites and 8 newly completed 4600sq. ft. villas with private pools. Enjoy its sophisticated food offerings and award winning wine cellar, indulge in its European Elysees Spa, or simply enjoy the privacy and relaxation of this sophisticated and sensual French-Caribbean enclave. La Samanna is everything you could wish for in a Caribbean hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Belmond, Splendia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, MrandMrsSmith, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Belmond La Samanna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Samanna By Orient-Express Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- La Samanna Hotel
- La Samanna Resort St Martin